TTT, below median 1L, just had interview w/ solo, taking Qs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
MrPapagiorgio

Re: TTT, below median 1L, just had interview w/ solo, taking Qs

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 am

D. H2Oman wrote:This is 180

No, no, this is:

nyknicks wrote:Also, I do not want to out myself. Can someone please tell me how to make an anonymous account

P.S. It's that little "post anonymously" button right in front of you before you post. And I don't think there are retroactive anonymous posts. :lol: :lol:

dood

Postby dood » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 am

nyknicks wrote:
dood wrote:
nyknicks wrote:They said it couldn't be done ITE, but I'm about to land a 1L summer gig (slightly) below median at a TTT. Taking Q's on how I accomplished it.

pics of the lawyer lady plz.

I would never disrespect an attorney. Also, I do not want to out myself. Can someone please tell me how to make an anonymous account?

Also, serious questions only please.

ok ill bite bro. serious Qs:

1. wat practice area?
2. if she were to hire u on as an associate, how much u get paid?
3. how much debt u have?
4. what brand suit and where did u purchase it and how much it cost and is it prestifous?
5. wat r ur exit options?

kapachino

Postby kapachino » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

NY, I think you're missing the point. The woman just wants to take advantage of you. I honestly think you should keep looking for another internship.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 am

This really is one of the best threads ever.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:51 am

Thread like this always remind me that law students may be book smart......

Didn't the "American flag pin" give this away for at least a few of you that are taking op seriously?

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:55 am

A'nold wrote:Thread like this always remind me that law students may be book smart......

Didn't the "American flag pin" give this away for at least a few of you that are taking op seriously?

Quiet bubs, I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I bet you ruin the punchlines of jokes and the ends of movies as well. Must be the life of the party.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 am

Veyron wrote:
A'nold wrote:Thread like this always remind me that law students may be book smart......

I bet you ruin the punchlines of jokes and the ends of movies as well. Must be the life of the party.

Haha. Well, when you are as big an old geezer on TLS as I am you become jaded and expect more from flames. I mean, I was there live for the jumpjump thread man.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:05 am

This thread had serious potential, but OP did not deliver. Fail.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:10 am

A'nold wrote:
Veyron wrote:

Haha. Well, when you are as big an old geezer on TLS as I am you become jaded and expect more from flames. I mean, I was there live for the jumpjump thread man.

jumpjump thread?

merc280

Postby merc280 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 am

This thread is so entertaining.

El_Gallo

Postby El_Gallo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 am

romothesavior wrote:jumpjump thread?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:33 am

El_Gallo wrote:
romothesavior wrote:jumpjump thread?

If you guys do find the jumpjump thread, it is nothing unless you watch the videos with the computer animation guys acting out the parts.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 am

--LinkRemoved--

best 5:21 you will ever spend

let/them/eat/cake

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 am

fatduck wrote:http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6471189/

best 5:21 you will ever spend

Sweet Fancy Moses. GFHat.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:06 am

O.k., I'm basically busier than I've ever been in ls (at least since finals and LRW time second semester of 1L) and I had to take the time to watch that.

To those of you that have not read through the thread: you have to. That was just a taste of what went down. It was the single greatest meme thread in TLS history as well.

Oh, and I'm proud to say that I was one of the "simpletons" jumpjump got his panties in a bunch about.

sabenser

Postby sabenser » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:44 am

Thank you for the link. That should be required reading for every new member, haha

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:47 am

Sadly I can't seem to view any of the pictures in the linked thread. Anyone else facing that problem? From the comments it looks hilarious but I want those pictures!!

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I can't see them either. All the best ones have disappeared. For some reason, all of the unrelated, not very funny ones are there but none of the classics. This would be a huge loss to the TLS community if these were gone forever. :cry:

nyknicks

Postby nyknicks » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

dood wrote:
1. wat practice area?
3. how much debt u have?
4. what brand suit and where did u purchase it and how much it cost and is it prestifous?

1. Personal Injury
2. Not sure, but I am not in it for the money. I am in it for the love of law.
3. I am on a full scholarship. If I do not lose my scholarship, then I will only have CoL expensives to pay back.
4. Izod. I purchased it at Macy's. It was an excellent deal, $120 off of Clearance Rack + Coupon. I do not know what prestifous is. If that is a brand, then no. The brand is Izod.
5. My exit options will be to 1) Buy her practice from her [although she is kind of young or 2) Start my own personal injury firm. I took several acting classes in both high school and undergrad, so I am comfortable in my ability to create quality local television commercials. Additionally, I do not mind cold calling and have several friends who work in hospitals. I can always pay these friends a fee for referring personal injury victims to you. Therefore, I believe my exit options are quite good. It is not "BIGLAW", but I will not have to answer to The Man.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm

nyknicks wrote:
dood wrote:
1. wat practice area?
3. how much debt u have?

1. Personal Injury
3. I am on a full scholarship. If I do not lose my scholarship, then I will only have CoL expensives to pay back.
4. Izod. I purchased it at Macy's. It was an excellent deal, $120 off of Clearance Rack + Coupon. I do not know what prestifous is. If that is a brand, then no. The brand is Izod.
5. My exit options will be to 1) Buy her practice from her [although she is kind of young or 2) Start my own personal injury firm. I took several acting classes in both high school and undergrad, so I am comfortable in my ability to create quality local television commercials. Additionally, I do not mind cold calling and have several friends who work in hospitals. I can always pay these friends a fee for referring personal injury victims to you. Therefore, I believe my exit options are quite good. It is not "BIGLAW", but I will not have to answer to The Man.

Yawn.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

we get so close to making these stupid threads interesting and just get sabotaged by the op. stop trying so hard. the "which ls has the most sluts" thread was the same way.

nyknicks

Postby nyknicks » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I am proud American and I refuse to apologize for that. A lot of attorney's are also. I believe showing your patriotism can go along away. This is America, love it or leave it.

nyknicks

Postby nyknicks » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:04 pm

fatduck wrote:we get so close to making these stupid threads interesting and just get sabotaged by the op. stop trying so hard. the "which ls has the most sluts" thread was the same way.

Please refrain from flaming.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm

nyknicks wrote:
dood wrote:
1. wat practice area?
3. how much debt u have?

1. Personal Injury

Return to “Legal Employment”