1L Judicial Internships - Splitting Summers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L Judicial Internships - Splitting Summers

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:08 am

I'm interviewing tomorrow with the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals. The judge all but told me the position is mine, but he did say I'd need to split the summer since he already had another split summer offer outstanding.

I also have a few other judicial interviews tomorrow and Monday. I go to law school out of state, so I scheduled all of the interviews I received on a Friday and Monday. I'd be happy with any of the other judges... how do I go about bringing up the possibility of splitting though?

Would it look bad if I did that with something like an RA position for the other half?

bikepilot

Re: 1L Judicial Internships - Splitting Summers

Postby bikepilot » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:25 pm

No problem splitting - I split my 1L year with judge and RA'ing for a professor. Worked out just fine and the Judge was incredibly awesome and happy to work with my schedule.

ggocat

Re: 1L Judicial Internships - Splitting Summers

Postby ggocat » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:how do I go about bringing up the possibility of splitting though?

If the judge doesn't bring it up (e.g., "What dates would you like to work?"), then you can just ask toward the end of the interview when you are asking questions.

Return to “Legal Employment”