Research Assistant or working for Legal Assistance? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
geekrocker37

Bronze

Research Assistant or working for Legal Assistance?

Post by geekrocker37 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Torn between the two right now.

Was offered a position with Philly Legal Services, but I'm also pretty sure I can have a research assistant position if I want with my Crim professor. Research Position also pays...

3.75, top 10% at a certain Philly school all over the blogosphere.

Would like to go Big/MidLaw in Philly.

Thoughts?

jonas

Bronze

Re: Research Assistant or working for Legal Assistance?

Post by jonas » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Can you take the Legal Services job but also work part-time for the professor? I did something similar one summer, and it worked out well.

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:58 pm

jonas wrote:Can you take the Legal Services job but also work part-time for the professor? I did something similar one summer, and it worked out well.

Looks like I can do both. GENUIS.

itsirtou

Bronze

Post by itsirtou » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:51 am

Are you doing the RA position part time and the Philly Legal Services job part time, or being an RA part time and doing Philly full time?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

geekrocker37

Bronze

Post by geekrocker37 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:03 am

itsirtou wrote:Are you doing the RA position part time and the Philly Legal Services job part time, or being an RA part time and doing Philly full time?
As of right now, I think the RA is part time and the Legal Services is full time. However, I have only gotten the voicemail of the person who has offered me the job, and I don't know the full extent of the schedule. RA position seems to be 15-20 hrs per week whenever I want.

itsirtou

Bronze

Post by itsirtou » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 am

geekrocker37 wrote:
itsirtou wrote:Are you doing the RA position part time and the Philly Legal Services job part time, or being an RA part time and doing Philly full time?
As of right now, I think the RA is part time and the Legal Services is full time. However, I have only gotten the voicemail of the person who has offered me the job, and I don't know the full extent of the schedule. RA position seems to be 15-20 hrs per week whenever I want.
Got it. I was just curious because I'm in your exact same situation right now -- I already have an RA position, but the professor said I should try to search out a part-time public interest job (since I'm worried about my lack of experience). I was wondering if anyone gave out part-time PI jobs (I have two interviews tomorrow, too). But I can try that too -- one full time, one part time.

Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”