Question for Penn students: Regional OCI?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
glacierfrost

Question for Penn students: Regional OCI?

Postby glacierfrost » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Hello, soon to be 1L here.

I visited the school recently and was talking with Dean Post about legal employment and how easy or difficult it was for California students to find a job back in SF/LA, etc. She told me there was something like a "regional OCI" that took place before regular OCI. Basically during the regional OCI, a bunch of California firms would come onto campus and students could essentially do a mini OCI with them and have an additional shot at getting firm jobs back in their home markets?

Has anyone done this or could speak more about the process?

sperry

Re: Question for Penn students: Regional OCI?

Postby sperry » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:19 pm

glacierfrost wrote:Hello, soon to be 1L here.

I visited the school recently and was talking with Dean Post about legal employment and how easy or difficult it was for California students to find a job back in SF/LA, etc. She told me there was something like a "regional OCI" that took place before regular OCI. Basically during the regional OCI, a bunch of California firms would come onto campus and students could essentially do a mini OCI with them and have an additional shot at getting firm jobs back in their home markets?

The regional OCI is not on campus. They are held at the firms' offices. I guess they could be held off site at a hotel suite or something, but they are definitely in the city listed.

Veyron

Re: Question for Penn students: Regional OCI?

Postby Veyron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:40 pm

glacierfrost wrote:Hello, soon to be 1L here.

This coming year we have them in San Fran and SV (I think), and LA, OC, San Diego. Gonna be one HELL of a roadtrip, woot.

Return to “Legal Employment”