So I love everything, What type of law should I do.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
JPrezy87

Re: So I love everything, What type of law should I do.

Postby JPrezy87 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:11 am

Veyron wrote:
Veyron wrote:
Veyron wrote:
well a "background" in IP isn't necessarily a requirements...although a degree in the hard sciences certainly does help :).

Right, but w/o said background, IP is just as hard to crack as anything else.
[/quote]

hmmm....you in IP law yourself?[/quote]

Nope. Law schools are small places man, so you pretty much get a feel for the prospects of each type of IPer. I've also spoken to biglaw IP associates about their field.

To be fair to your point, however, there are SOME firms where not having an IP background won't necessarily put you at a disadvantage but there are many more where it will.[/quote]
so they pretty much say a scientific background is necessary to succeed in IP?

Veyron

Re: So I love everything, What type of law should I do.

Postby Veyron » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 am

[/quote]
so they pretty much say a scientific background is necessary to succeed in IP?[/quote]

I doubt that many would say that, its more about hiring advantage. The cutoff for someone with a BSEE might be significantly lower than for someone with an unrelated background - OPs question was just about what areas were "easiest" to get biglaw in.

Return to “Legal Employment”