Queens DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Queens DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:55 pm

I just interviewed for an RA position with a much respected faculty member and feel like I have a pretty good shot at it. I'm pretty risk averse though, and I have an in at the Queens DA. I've got plenty of info on Manhattan DA being a great place for 1L, but does anyone know how Queens looks on the resume? The main reason I ask is because I'm getting pressure to accept the Queens job before I'll hear back from the professor. Thanks in advance for the infinite wisdom!

vanwinkle

Re: Queens DA

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

What are your career aspirations?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Def not crim, I know that obviously points away from the DA position. I'd like to be at a relatively big firm (though I really don't care to be at a BigLaw firm... I know a few people at firms in NY where 1st yr's make $130-$150K and had moderate billing reqs... that'd be fine).

The reason I'm freaking out a bit about this is I've totally slacked on applying for jobs in general, and want to make sure I at least have SOMEthing. Grades are A, A, B+ at NYU... fuck it (re: being outed). In similar vain... the RA position is with Miller, who's the fucking man (not just in a lawyerly way, fountain pens ftw).

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Sent a PM.

Return to “Legal Employment”