1L SA at Cravath, Wachtell, DWT NY, Gibson Dunn, LSKS Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

1L SA at Cravath, Wachtell, DWT NY, Gibson Dunn, LSKS

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Has anyone heard of any movement with regard to the 1L SA positions at the above-mentioned firms? [Note: Levine Sullivan didn't expressly request 1Ls but appeared open to them.] Relatedly, is there a sense of how many positions there are at each and difficult they are to get? I know DWT New York has only 1 position and has had interviews, but that's about the extent of my knowledge. I'm a URM at H or S, top 1/3 or 1/4, if that matters.

Anonymous User

Re: 1L SA at Cravath, Wachtell, DWT NY, Gibson Dunn, LSKS

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:03 pm

OP again, just bumping this to add Wachtell to my inquiry. Any help would be much appreciated!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:37 pm

I heard today from a friend that CLS 1Ls who interviewed at Wachtell are waiting to hear back; however this might be due to the fact that a lot of the 1L grades came out just this week (and I think a lot of NYC firms don't give offers to 1Ls w/o seeing their grades first).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:04 pm

I'm a non-URM 1L at a top 10 who applied to several of those firms. One just wrote me back to say that they only have a diversity program, but they offered to go ahead and conduct a screening interview for 2L summer...aka I dont have to worry about bidding at OCI.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Friend is flying out for the 1L SA all-day interview at Cravath. What's the likelihood of success? He's at HYS and is an Asian dude. Top 1/3.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Friend is flying out for the 1L SA all-day interview at Cravath. What's the likelihood of success? He's at HYS and is an Asian dude. Top 1/3.
No idea what the success rate is, sorry. Do you know how recently he heard from Cravath and/or when he was able to send in grades?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:06 pm

Non-URM here. Got an offer from one and interviews at two others. Decided to accept the one and declined interviews at the others. All of this happened in December/January.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Non-URM here. Got an offer from one and interviews at two others. Decided to accept the one and declined interviews at the others. All of this happened in December/January.
I don't suppose you'd be willing to reveal which one gave the offer? Also did this all happen before or after your grades were available?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Non-URM here. Got an offer from one and interviews at two others. Decided to accept the one and declined interviews at the others. All of this happened in December/January.
I don't suppose you'd be willing to reveal which one gave the offer? Also did this all happen before or after your grades were available?
Sorry - I'm not sure how many 1Ls they hire and don't want to out myself with details. Good luck though!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 pm

URM, had interview at one of Wachtell, Cravath, Gibson Dunn (relatively recently, so don't want to out the firm).

Also got an offer from a V30 in NY last week following pair of interviews.

URM status was helpful, but I had very good grades from a HYS school, and I think the latter two factors were the primary reasons.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:30 pm

I have a callback at one of these. Top 10% at a T6, non-URM. Wondering how many people they'll actually bring in for just a 1L position.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 am

Cravath rejection received via the nicest letter/stationery I've seen from a law firm. They even included a laminated bookmark, so I can flaunt my rejection (and the firm's contact info) to all my friends!

But seriously, the letter was nice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Got an offer at one of these, callback ---> ding at two others. Looks like things are winding down.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 pm

What's a LSKS?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Renzo wrote:What's a LSKS?
Levine Sullivan Koch & Schulz, a small firm with offices in a few major cities. It focuses on work with publishing/media/broadcasting companies.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Yeah I also was just rejected by one of these - did a callback a few weeks ago. Mid t-14, 4.0, Nonurm. The letter was kind of nice - I imagine it was a stock one - exceptionally qualified, limited number of spaces, skip OCI in a few months and just email the hiring partner directly in Fall if still interested, etc. Still waiting on results of some other callbacks. Will you who were rejected from these places apply there again for 2L OCI?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”