1L diversity SA positions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any NYC Bar Fellow decisions?


Yup, I got it. Being placed at a law firm. Pretty thrilled.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any NYC Bar Fellow decisions?


Got it as well and heading to a firm.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:02 pm

^When did you guys interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:31 pm

The NYC Bar finalist interviews all took place Wednesday evening.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:37 pm

And they heard back already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:And they heard back already?


Yup. Very fast turnaround, but they had just 55 finalists for 33 spots (or so I'm told). Most of the decision-making was handled by each school's selection committee, which chose five finalists for the panel interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:12 am

I had an interview Wednesday night for the NYC Bar Fellowship and haven't heard back yet, should I be worried?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm at a T25 in a secondary market (probably around top 25-30%). Our state bar association has a diversity program that sounds similar to the NYC Bar Fellowship that I applied to. Had an interview a couple of weeks ago, supposed to hear something by the end of this week. I think around 90-100 people applied, and they take less than 15, so I have no clue what my chances are. Keeping my fingers crossed though!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had an interview Wednesday night for the NYC Bar Fellowship and haven't heard back yet, should I be worried?


Someone can correct me but I think all of the winners were notified on Friday

I know someone heading to Skadden and another heading to Weil.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:And they heard back already?


Yup. Very fast turnaround, but they had just 55 finalists for 33 spots (or so I'm told). Most of the decision-making was handled by each school's selection committee, which chose five finalists for the panel interview.


Insanely fast turnaround on the bar fellowships this year. I thought we wouldnt hear back till late next week. Certainly a great way to start the holiday weekend. Reading K's still feeling so relieved that the search is over..

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:And they heard back already?


Yup. Very fast turnaround, but they had just 55 finalists for 33 spots (or so I'm told). Most of the decision-making was handled by each school's selection committee, which chose five finalists for the panel interview.


Insanely fast turnaround on the bar fellowships this year. I thought we wouldnt hear back till late next week. Certainly a great way to start the holiday weekend. Reading K's still feeling so relieved that the search is over..


Congrats! I was told that decisions would be out late next week also. Haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming I didn't get it.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:And they heard back already?


Yup. Very fast turnaround, but they had just 55 finalists for 33 spots (or so I'm told). Most of the decision-making was handled by each school's selection committee, which chose five finalists for the panel interview.


Insanely fast turnaround on the bar fellowships this year. I thought we wouldnt hear back till late next week. Certainly a great way to start the holiday weekend. Reading K's still feeling so relieved that the search is over..


Congrats! I was told that decisions would be out late next week also. Haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming I didn't get it.


Maybe they all havent been released

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Anyone get a Weil Gotshal Manges offer? (or rejection)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Anyone hear from Dorsey (Minneapolis)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Any movement from pnw firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from pnw firms?

I know there has been at least one Perkins ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from pnw firms?


DWT is done.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Dorsey (Minneapolis)?

Had an interview back in January, and I was told I'd hear by the end of February

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from pnw firms?


DWT is done.


For both Seattle and Portland?

Also, I heard Stoel Rives Seattle is done as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement from pnw firms?


DWT is done.


For both Seattle and Portland?

Also, I heard Stoel Rives Seattle is done as well.


Seattle. Dunno about Portland.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 pm

I hear Stoel Rives Portland is handing out decisions to callbacks this week, probably tomorrow.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Any Movement on MoFo or the Seattle office of Perkins Coie?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Any news from Portland?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any Movement on MoFo or the Seattle office of Perkins Coie?


i heard 4/5 slots have been filled at mofo

Anonymous User
Posts: 273491
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear from Dorsey (Minneapolis)?

Had an interview back in January, and I was told I'd hear by the end of February


A girl in my section (U of M) got an offer from Dorsey, not sure if she accepted it or not.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.