1L diversity SA positions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Miller Nash rejection via postal mail. Fancy.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Standard "thanks for your interest in our program, we are reviewing applications" from MTO.

I was expecting a flat rejection - but am also sad it wasn't a "let's schedule an interview!"

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby r6_philly » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Standard "thanks for your interest in our program, we are reviewing applications" from MTO.

I was expecting a flat rejection - but am also sad it wasn't a "let's schedule an interview!"


When did you apply? This is not the first email you got I take it?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Interview request via email from Stoel. Generic ding from K&L Gates.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 am

I sent my app in early January and immediately got an automatic "your application was rec'd"
A week or two later I got, "send your grades when you get them"
I sent my grades and a few weeks later got the email I paraphrased in the original post. Hopefully an interview request is next although it sounds like a standard progression. At least no ding so far.


r6_philly wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Standard "thanks for your interest in our program, we are reviewing applications" from MTO.

I was expecting a flat rejection - but am also sad it wasn't a "let's schedule an interview!"


When did you apply? This is not the first email you got I take it?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby r6_philly » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:I sent my app in early January and immediately got an automatic "your application was rec'd"
A week or two later I got, "send your grades when you get them"
I sent my grades and a few weeks later got the email I paraphrased in the original post. Hopefully an interview request is next although it sounds like a standard progression. At least no ding so far.



Thanks. As long as you are still in the running, it's a good thing I am sure.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:26 am

Anybody know how many people the Perkins Coie diversity fellowship bring in for their office interviews? I've read that they interview many, no idea what the chances are with "many" though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Has anyone heard anything related to Clifford Chance's 1L scholars program??????

*Interviewed a few weeks ago

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Interview then ding from Perkins Coie (an office on the West Coast) - they told me they interviewed ~7 and were inviting ~3 for CBs

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interview then ding from Perkins Coie (an office on the West Coast) - they told me they interviewed ~7 and were inviting ~3 for CBs


Strange. Straight to CB also from a west coast office at the same firm.

On the topic of CBs, for those of you that have received multiple interview offers that include travel, at what point does it become too much? As a 1L, are you becoming strategic about how many offers of CBs you are accepting for the risk of missing too many days?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Strange. Straight to CB also from a west coast office at the same firm.

On the topic of CBs, for those of you that have received multiple interview offers that include travel, at what point does it become too much? As a 1L, are you becoming strategic about how many offers of CBs you are accepting for the risk of missing too many days?


Anon who asked about the number of interviews. What did you mean straight to CB? As in you didn't have a second round of interviews?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Anon who asked about the number of interviews. What did you mean straight to CB? As in you didn't have a second round of interviews?

I mean that I applied and was invited to fly out to interview. There was no "screener" contact or phone interview, as the previous poster mentioned he/she experienced. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anon who asked about the number of interviews. What did you mean straight to CB? As in you didn't have a second round of interviews?

I mean that I applied and was invited to fly out to interview. There was no "screener" contact or phone interview, as the previous poster mentioned he/she experienced. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.


:) It's ok, I don't know the terminology either haha. So you just had one office interview and that was it? Did they mention when you would hear about offers? I'm not sure if the other person meant they had phone interview. It seems unclear to me what the interview process is like, whether it's 1) phone interview then office interview or 2) office interview call back for another office interview or 3) just one office interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anon who asked about the number of interviews. What did you mean straight to CB? As in you didn't have a second round of interviews?

I mean that I applied and was invited to fly out to interview. There was no "screener" contact or phone interview, as the previous poster mentioned he/she experienced. Sorry if I used the wrong terminology.


:) It's ok, I don't know the terminology either haha. So you just had one office interview and that was it? Did they mention when you would hear about offers? I'm not sure if the other person meant they had phone interview. It seems unclear to me what the interview process is like, whether it's 1) phone interview then office interview or 2) office interview call back for another office interview or 3) just one office interview.


Same anon: I've had all three - I just think it varies on the firm. I'm hoping to hear back from all before the end of the month. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm

Perkins Coie West Coast rejection email that they would not be offering me an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Perkins email ding, PG&E Pipeline ding mail

fuck...me...

I read a book about a Vietnam veteran, and he had a chapter about basic training in the special forces. He was saying that the army pumped up all the recruits to the point that they thought they were untouchable badasses that could kick the shit out of anyone. Then they got dropped into the jungle and it became clear rather quickly that they weren't shit.

Sounds familiar.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Vedder Price rejection via snail mail.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Perkins email ding, PG&E Pipeline ding mail

fuck...me...

I read a book about a Vietnam veteran, and he had a chapter about basic training in the special forces. He was saying that the army pumped up all the recruits to the point that they thought they were untouchable badasses that could kick the shit out of anyone. Then they got dropped into the jungle and it became clear rather quickly that they weren't shit.

Sounds familiar.


Sounds like law school in general

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I've got weird silence going on at firms that have sent out both e-mail dings and invites. I assume this means a ding, but I'm not sure why the wait.

paulinaporizkova
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby paulinaporizkova » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've got weird silence going on at firms that have sent out both e-mail dings and invites. I assume this means a ding, but I'm not sure why the wait.


definitely weird

target
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby target » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I've got weird silence going on at firms that have sent out both e-mail dings and invites. I assume this means a ding, but I'm not sure why the wait.


you may be their back up plan

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:31 pm

just as a general question: how many people do you think stoel rives is giving callbacks to?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:weil interview offer.


phone/email?


emailed. soooooo weird. only email interview offer i got that wasn't a screener.


likewise, did you interview yet/hear back?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 am

My fellow PNW applicants: what's the status with Davis? Phone interviews leading to (seemingly endless) silence? Anyone geting callbacks at either office?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273552
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My fellow PNW applicants: what's the status with Davis? Phone interviews leading to (seemingly endless) silence? Anyone geting callbacks at either office?


From what I've heard, they finished their callbacks last week.

Has K&L gates extended interviews yet? Has Perkins-Seattle?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.