1L diversity SA positions

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


interesting question. what's the relevance? in other words, why do you care? are you waiting on a particular firm and thinking someone is sitting on an offer for a while?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


already accepted. ITE too risky to wait. not sure if they could have rescinded.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


already accepted. ITE too risky to wait. not sure if they could have rescinded.


Thanks for updating.

Congrats

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Cupidity » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:06 am

Perkins asked me to fill out a full page federal diversity form after rejecting my application. Really Perkins, you want me to give you 15 minutes of my time? Really?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


already accepted. ITE too risky to wait. not sure if they could have rescinded.


Did you accept at Schwabe?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


already accepted. ITE too risky to wait. not sure if they could have rescinded.


Did you accept at Schwabe?


Nope. Haven't heard of that firm - is it NLJ 250 or V100, or more regional? Going to bow out of this thread now. Too afraid I'm going to out myself. G'luck to you guys applying.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:did you accept? or are you waiting to hear back from a few more? if you're waiting, when roughly so you expect to decide?


already accepted. ITE too risky to wait. not sure if they could have rescinded.


Did you accept at Schwabe?


Nope. Haven't heard of that firm - is it NLJ 250 or V100, or more regional? Going to bow out of this thread now. Too afraid I'm going to out myself. G'luck to you guys applying.



Thanks. Congrats on your job!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Has anyone gone on a Gibson Dunn callback yet? If so, how was it?

bluepepsi
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby bluepepsi » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm

.
Last edited by bluepepsi on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone gone on a Gibson Dunn callback yet? If so, how was it?


I did, last week. They said they will begin making decisions on offers this Friday, and I was told both SF and Denver had extended all the callbacks they had planned to extend.

The office was terrific, and seems like a phenomenal place to spend a summer.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:21 am

struck out. no job lined up, and I've prob sent 40-50+hours on the job search (including interview time). oh well, now it's time to grind a GPA. hopefully interviewing set up a good lead into fall oci with those firms +practice interviewing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:struck out. no job lined up, and I've prob sent 40-50+hours on the job search (including interview time). oh well, now it's time to grind a GPA. hopefully interviewing set up a good lead into fall oci with those firms +practice interviewing.


What market did you target?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?


Just got one from the Portland office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?


Just got one from the Portland office.


Congrats. Did you accept or are you waiting to hear from others?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?


Just got one from the Portland office.


Congrats. Did you accept or are you waiting to hear from others?


Have heard back from all firms; hope to make a decision by the end of this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?


Just got one from the Portland office.


Congrats. Did you accept or are you waiting to hear from others?


Have heard back from all firms; hope to make a decision by the end of this week.


Sounds like a good position to be in. Again, congrats.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks. Good luck with your cycle.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any offers at any of the Perkins Coie offices?


Just got one from the Portland office.


Congrats. Did you accept or are you waiting to hear from others?


Have heard back from all firms; hope to make a decision by the end of this week.


Congrats - out of curiosity, what other offers are you considering?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:51 pm

Anyone hear back from callbacks for the Charlotte diversity program?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:45 am

Gibson Dunn has given offers in at least two offices. At least two offers have been accepted thus far.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:05 pm

From what I know Gibson only takes 1-2 1Ls per office.
Anyone know which offices extended offers already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm

are there any risks to posting your offer anonymously in this thread? it pretty much outs you automatically to post your offer. At least the firm knows. Any friends who you have spoken to would also know. I was about to post my offer . . . then caught myself. in other words, could this be considered "unprofessional"?

nycdweller
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby nycdweller » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are there any risks to posting your offer anonymously in this thread? it pretty much outs you automatically to post your offer. At least the firm knows. Any friends who you have spoken to would also know. I was about to post my offer . . . then caught myself. in other words, could this be considered "unprofessional"?


Is it a position for which there's only one person hired? Otherwise you have plausible deniability, notwithstanding the fact that the chances of someone recognizing your post are low, right?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273172
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:56 pm

nycdweller wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:are there any risks to posting your offer anonymously in this thread? it pretty much outs you automatically to post your offer. At least the firm knows. Any friends who you have spoken to would also know. I was about to post my offer . . . then caught myself. in other words, could this be considered "unprofessional"?


Is it a position for which there's only one person hired? Otherwise you have plausible deniability, notwithstanding the fact that the chances of someone recognizing your post are low, right?


there is only one person accepted for this position




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.