1L diversity SA positions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 1L diversity SA positions

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Once you have the interview, I would assume grades don't really factor in anymore? I am at median for my school and so... yeah. Hoping that they don't make much of a difference once we actually have the interview.

*Skadden

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:Once you have the interview, I would assume grades don't really factor in anymore? I am at median for my school and so... yeah. Hoping that they don't make much of a difference once we actually have the interview.

*Skadden
I honestly think grades still matter. They interviewed too many people over here for them not to matter.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Once you have the interview, I would assume grades don't really factor in anymore? I am at median for my school and so... yeah. Hoping that they don't make much of a difference once we actually have the interview.

*Skadden
I honestly think grades still matter. They interviewed too many people over here for them not to matter.
blech. Yeah, they want me to bring my transcript. I am at median at my school, but my school's median is a bit low. (3.15-3.25) or something. I have really high grades and then two lower grades (NOT C's). I do have a reason for both of the crappier grades but I don't want to look like an excuse-maker. (One prof really was unpredictable and couldn't give me an answer when I asked him. He told me he graded according to what he felt like at the time and his exam was all random policy stuff I thought I knocked out pretty well. The other exam I just got totally nervous and was completely disorganized.)

Also, I KNOW that my grades will go up this semester (both doctrinal profs have solid issue-spotter-type exams and I'm good at just learning black letter) and the other classes are seminars.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

*Skadden
blech. Yeah, they want me to bring my transcript. I am at median at my school, but my school's median is a bit low. (3.15-3.25) or something. I have really high grades and then two lower grades (NOT C's). I do have a reason for both of the crappier grades but I don't want to look like an excuse-maker. (One prof really was unpredictable and couldn't give me an answer when I asked him. He told me he graded according to what he felt like at the time and his exam was all random policy stuff I thought I knocked out pretty well. The other exam I just got totally nervous and was completely disorganized.)

Also, I KNOW that my grades will go up this semester (both doctrinal profs have solid issue-spotter-type exams and I'm good at just learning black letter) and the other classes are seminars.

I wish you all the best this semester but I mentioned earlier that they did not even talk about my grades. The interviewers asked for them and then put them in some pile without glancing at the grades. They want to get to know you. It know they would probably go back and look at grades when making decisions but right now focus on having a great interview. You cannot do anything about your first semester grades. And if they don't pick you because of your grades but they really like you and your grades improve, it could help you during OCI. Good Luck

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

*Skadden

I wish you all the best this semester but I mentioned earlier that they did not even talk about my grades. The interviewers asked for them and then put them in some pile without glancing at the grades. They want to get to know you. It know they would probably go back and look at grades when making decisions but right now focus on having a great interview. You cannot do anything about your first semester grades. And if they don't pick you because of your grades but they really like you and your grades improve, it could help you during OCI. Good Luck
Thank you! :) I hope it works out... I don't see why they would even ask me to come in for an interview if they weren't even willing to consider me with that GPA, so I'll try to think of it that way. Now I have to try to get a haircut and some shoes...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Perkins Seattle ding. t6 with ties.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Perkins Seattle ding. t6 with ties.
Sorry to hear. Did you interview? I haven't heard of any movement from Perkins Seattle.

A "friend" had a letter ding from Seattle Stoel last week, and email ding from PDX K&L, but lots of movement (interviews) otherwise.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sorry to hear. Did you interview? I haven't heard of any movement from Perkins Seattle.

A "friend" had a letter ding from Seattle Stoel last week, and email ding from PDX K&L, but lots of movement (interviews) otherwise.
Correction, just checked email, Perkins ding via email just now.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

for my "friend" of course. I usually check his emails. ; )

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks for the updates, guys- anticipating my perkins seattle ding relatively soon, given I'm 6-14 without ties.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

clifford chance updates anyone?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:Clifford Chance updates anyone?
No, haven't heard. Although I feel like someone must've heard something...almost a month since the deadline.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Any movement from Hunton and Williams?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 pm

any word from Skadden NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
No, haven't heard. Although I feel like someone must've heard something...almost a month since the deadline.
You have heard post callback? or post sending in app?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Charlotte Bar association diversity fellowship, anyone? They're supposed to be doing callbacks in february.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Hunton and Williams had their finalists interview today at the Richmond office.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
You have heard post callback? or post sending in app?
Haven't heard anything since sending the app. Not even a confirmation they received my app.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Do you remember how long it was between your app submission and when you received news from Stoel and Perkins?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any word from Skadden NY?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Word since an interview or even before?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Word since an interview or even before?
Word since the interview...I thought they were meant to get back to people this week but I do not know if anyone has heard from them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:15 pm

Anyone heard anything from Cooley?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:53 pm

Sooooo I'm going to assume that no Skadden offers have gone out...since no one has anything to report.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Charlotte Bar association diversity fellowship, anyone? They're supposed to be doing callbacks in february.
They are meeting and discussing candidates as I type this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”