Missing time during a summer judicial internship?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yanks008

Missing time during a summer judicial internship?

Postby yanks008 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 pm

This summer i'll be interning for a federal district judge. However, I already know that I will have to miss 2 days (wedding out of state). For those who have needed to take time off before, is this a huge deal? Do I need to tell them now or can it wait until I actually get started? I have zero idea how strict judges are about missing a few days, so any help would be awesome.

Thanks.

dood

Re: Missing time during a summer judicial internship?

Postby dood » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:08 pm

depends on judge. mine was very ok with any request for time off, but i had to put in a formal request in memo format, stamped by the judges secretary.

missinglink

Re: Missing time during a summer judicial internship?

Postby missinglink » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:18 pm

Probably depends on the judge. Mine told me that it was fine if I wanted to take a Monday/Friday off for a long weekend, or take a day off here or there. I just need to clear it with him first.

Return to “Legal Employment”