Linkedin Question?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
thexfactor

Linkedin Question?

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Hey I was wondering what you guys put on your linkedin profile. I checked out my friend's profile and he put in his class rank, grades and other honors.
Do you think that is providing too much information?
What do you guys put on your linkedin profile?

dougroberts

Re: Linkedin Question?

Postby dougroberts » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm

I don't put grades, even though mine are great, just because I feel like it would be rubbing it in. Likewise, I do not put my class rank or Dean's List.

I just have my Undergrad school, with latin honors, listed + law school (with a writing award I got).
I have more descriptions on my work experience (what I did).

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:08 pm

dougroberts wrote:I don't put grades, even though mine are great, just because I feel like it would be rubbing it in. Likewise, I do not put my class rank or Dean's List.

I just have my Undergrad school, with latin honors, listed + law school (with a writing award I got).
I have more descriptions on my work experience (what I did).

yea that is exactly what i was thinking too. I am really debating how much info to put on my profile.

imchuckbass58

Postby imchuckbass58 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm

thexfactor wrote:Hey I was wondering what you guys put on your linkedin profile. I checked out my friend's profile and he put in his class rank, grades and other honors.
Do you think that is providing too much information?
What do you guys put on your linkedin profile?

I think putting honors is fine, but GPA/rank is kind of douchey.

Return to “Legal Employment”