STB Matches S&C's "Spring Bonus"

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
A&O

STB Matches S&C's "Spring Bonus"

Postby A&O » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:45 pm

You read it here first.

DallasCowboy

Re: STB Matches S&C's "Spring Bonus"

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm

or on ATL

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Hopefully this is good news for next August's OCI.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:24 pm

I'm not sure it will. I think V10 summer class sizes will remain the same for the coming years. They're already very large to begin with. It won't be like this year where firms like Cravath move from 20 summer associates to 70, so there shouldn't really be that much of a trickle-down effect.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I'm not sure it will. I think V10 summer class sizes will remain the same for the coming years. They're already very large to begin with. It won't be like this year where firms like Cravath move from 20 summer associates to 70, so there shouldn't really be that much of a trickle-down effect.

True. I wonder how lower Vault firms are doing. Because as I understand it they still had small class sizes last year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:28 pm

That's the true problem. Work has pretty much returned to pre-ITE levels at top firms, but lower ranked firms that don't have excellent niche practices just aren't experiencing the same uptick. Granted, as the work increases, it slowly spreads around to the lower ranking firms. But I still believe that some firms are just not experiencing the uptick that other firms are (i.e., places like Winston & Strawn, DLA Piper, White & Case, and many others).

I think a strong indicator of firms that are experiencing upticks in work will be the 2010 financial reports from various firms. Strong revenue growth will be a good sign. Flat or declining revenue is a sign that the firm hasn't truly recovered.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I'm not sure it will. I think V10 summer class sizes will remain the same for the coming years. They're already very large to begin with. It won't be like this year where firms like Cravath move from 20 summer associates to 70, so there shouldn't really be that much of a trickle-down effect.

True. I wonder how lower Vault firms are doing. Because as I understand it they still had small class sizes last year.

Most probably did, but Cahill apparently has ~40.

lovelaw27

Postby lovelaw27 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Most NALP firms say their 2011 Summer Associate class size will be the same or bigger than in 2010, with 33.2% of firms saying larger, and 50% saying about the same.

http://www.nalp.org/uploads/QuickTakes/ ... esults.pdf

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:That's the true problem. Work has pretty much returned to pre-ITE levels at top firms, but lower ranked firms that don't have excellent niche practices just aren't experiencing the same uptick. Granted, as the work increases, it slowly spreads around to the lower ranking firms. But I still believe that some firms are just not experiencing the uptick that other firms are (i.e., places like Winston & Strawn, DLA Piper, White & Case, and many others).

I think a strong indicator of firms that are experiencing upticks in work will be the 2010 financial reports from various firms. Strong revenue growth will be a good sign. Flat or declining revenue is a sign that the firm hasn't truly recovered.

One of these in unlike the others.

From what I understand, work at Winston and W&C is booming in their home offices. I'm guessing your a little NY-centric.

A&O

Postby A&O » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm

From what I understand, work at Winston and W&C is booming in their home offices. I'm guessing your a little NY-centric.

White & Case is based in NY...

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm

A&O wrote:

White & Case is based in NY...

Not this again.

Return to “Legal Employment”