Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Just got my grades back at WUSTL/Emory/BC and I am in the top 10%
I was also top 10% at my T2 before transferring.
Hey guys what do you think my chances are of getting biglaw? Are most offices already done hiring?
What would you guys do?

Thanks
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:59 pm

You're a 2L now?


1%, probably much lower.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:00 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:You're a 2L now?


1%, probably much lower.



yes

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Big Shrimpin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got my grades back at WUSTL/Emory/BC and I am in the top 10%
I was also top 10% at my T2 before transferring.
Hey guys what do you think my chances are of getting biglaw? Are most offices already done hiring?
What would you guys do?

Thanks



You're probably toast for this hiring cycle. Next year is a different story, but your odds are not good. sry dood

concurrent fork
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby concurrent fork » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Close to zero. Apply for Art III clerkships.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got my grades back at WUSTL/Emory/BC and I am in the top 10%
I was also top 10% at my T2 before transferring.
Hey guys what do you think my chances are of getting biglaw? Are most offices already done hiring?
What would you guys do?

Thanks



You're probably toast for this hiring cycle. Next year is a different story, but your odds are not good. sry dood


Odds are still less than 1% as a 3L at one of these schools and top 10%. The only firms that typically have any space left for associate hiring after 2L summer are v10ish firms, which is not happening for OP. FWIW, there were something like 15 firms at my t10 that were interviewing 3Ls at all this last year (all TOP firms), and average interviews for 3Ls was between 0-1 interviews.

Top 10% as a 1L as one of those schools, on the other hand, would be a different story.

concurrent fork wrote:Close to zero. Apply for Art III clerkships.


:lol:

With top 10% as a transfer (most likely meaning no LR) at one of these schools, article III clerkships is very unlikely.

Retake and reapply?

User avatar
Big Shrimpin
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Big Shrimpin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:Retake and reapply?


Real nice, douche.

concurrent fork
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby concurrent fork » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:You're probably toast for this hiring cycle. Next year is a different story, but your odds are not good. sry dood


Odds are still less than 1% as a 3L at one of these schools and top 10%. The only firms that typically have any space left for associate hiring after 2L summer are v10ish firms, which is not happening for OP. FWIW, there were something like 15 firms at my t10 that were interviewing 3Ls at all this last year (all TOP firms), and average interviews for 3Ls was between 0-1 interviews.

Top 10% as a 1L as one of those schools, on the other hand, would be a different story.

concurrent fork wrote:Close to zero. Apply for Art III clerkships.


:lol:

With top 10% as a transfer (most likely meaning no LR) at one of these schools, article III clerkships is very unlikely.

Retake and reapply?

Great anon contribution. Neither of us suggested that the OP had a likely shot, or even a reasonable chance, at these options. Nonetheless, they are his/her best options at this point for keeping the biglaw dream alive.

Edit: I am concurrent fork above - anon was misclick.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273481
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Transfer 2L top 10% at WUSTL/Emory/BC Chances at biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Big Shrimpin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just got my grades back at WUSTL/Emory/BC and I am in the top 10%
I was also top 10% at my T2 before transferring.
Hey guys what do you think my chances are of getting biglaw? Are most offices already done hiring?
What would you guys do?

Thanks



You're probably toast for this hiring cycle. Next year is a different story, but your odds are not good. sry dood


Odds are still less than 1% as a 3L at one of these schools and top 10%. The only firms that typically have any space left for associate hiring after 2L summer are v10ish firms, which is not happening for OP. FWIW, there were something like 15 firms at my t10 that were interviewing 3Ls at all this last year (all TOP firms), and average interviews for 3Ls was between 0-1 interviews.

Top 10% as a 1L as one of those schools, on the other hand, would be a different story.

concurrent fork wrote:Close to zero. Apply for Art III clerkships.


:lol:

With top 10% as a transfer (most likely meaning no LR) at one of these schools, article III clerkships is very unlikely.

Retake and reapply?


Just curious, if you had a NLJ250 SA position for your 2L year, would top 10% at an above school be good enough to get a v50 biglaw job?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.