Round Robin Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
adude

Round Robin Interviews

Postby adude » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Just received a call from a decent regional firm about a 1L fellowship/SA position. They do round robin interviews with several other applicants. Anyone have experience with this? Any things to watch out for?

Anonymous User

Re: Round Robin Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 pm

adude wrote:Just received a call from a decent regional firm about a 1L fellowship/SA position. They do round robin interviews with several other applicants. Anyone have experience with this? Any things to watch out for?

I did a round robin interview with a similar firm for my 2L summer. There were 12 interviewees and we rotated through ten rooms. Each room had 2-3 lawyers with at least one partner and one associate. A meet and greet followed. Each interview was 20-30 minutes. Frankly, it was somewhat exhausting. The interviews lasted 4.5 hours and the personalities of the attorneys varied greatly. Upside: Each interview was short and not many difficult questions were asked.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Hey, I was requested to do a roundrobin interview around the same time period. Was it Foster? I wonder if they have made their offer yet. Do firms let you know if you're in line to get an offer if their #1 turns it down?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 am

I did a round robin at one firm for 2L summer. I thought it would be really exhausting because it was 8 30 minute interviews, but it honestly wasn't so bad. Just be relaxed, don't be afraid to ask the same questions to different people, and don't try to force the conversation to legal stuff. Just chat and let it go in whatever direction it takes.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 am

I always walked away from these thinking it was a war or attrition--the ones who screwed up the least won.

I only hit .333 on round robin callbacks though, so maybe I just wasn't "good" at them. In any event, good luck and treat it like any other callback!

Return to “Legal Employment”