1L biglaw interview - what does this mean?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 1L biglaw interview - what does this mean?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:31 pm

BigLaw interviews of law students are primarily (1) a freak check and (2) a commitment check. So try to appear normal and give legit reasons why you want to go to that city and firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:BigLaw interviews of law students are primarily (1) a freak check and (2) a commitment check. So try to appear normal and give legit reasons why you want to go to that city and firm.

This is encouraging.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:BigLaw interviews of law students are primarily (1) a freak check and (2) a commitment check. So try to appear normal and give legit reasons why you want to go to that city and firm.

This is encouraging.

It shouldn't be. The firm I'm working at did 80 OCI interviews at my school and wound up making I believe 5-6 offers from 15+ callbacks. That was 2L OCI, and for 1L firm interviews the odds can be worse - a firm interviewing 20 candidates for 0 or 1 slot (i.e. they might not take anyone) isn't unheard of.

jdbarr06

Postby jdbarr06 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:20 pm

Kohinoor wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also am at a T14 with two biglaw interviews coming up. They are both 4 hours long...callback-style. People I've spoken to tell me that's a good sign, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Jesus, what could they ask you about for 4 hours?

80% of the time is spent discussing penises.

--ImageRemoved--

Mine is 1 inch flaccid and 4 inches hard. Does this hurt my chances of landing a biglaw job?

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:22 pm

jdbarr06 wrote:Mine is 1 inch flaccid and 4 inches hard. Does this hurt my chances of landing a biglaw job?

You should fit right in.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

This is encouraging.

It shouldn't be. The firm I'm working at did 80 OCI interviews at my school and wound up making I believe 5-6 offers from 15+ callbacks. That was 2L OCI, and for 1L firm interviews the odds can be worse - a firm interviewing 20 candidates for 0 or 1 slot (i.e. they might not take anyone) isn't unheard of.

The previous comment was encouraging. Yours is not.

Lt. Aldo Raine

Postby Lt. Aldo Raine » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 pm

I've heard numbers thrown around like 400 apps for 10 slots for some 1L spots. I don't know how this translates to callbacks.

Return to “Legal Employment”