Fired from a summer job...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Fired from a summer job...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:43 pm

Borhas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was recently fired from a job for stealing a pair of shoes from the store. I'm planning on attending law school in the fall and I was wondering if this blemish on my record would cause me to not get accepted. The store didn't press charges and I didn't get in any trouble with the police. Any help regarding what I should expect or how to go about telling schools about this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not so sure you have to tell schools about conduct that did not lead to charges or even an arrest

It's not like they ask you to list every dishonest thing you've ever done in your life

Well they asked me to disclose if I've ever been fired from a job. Do I admit to being fired and then just not tell them the exact reasoning behind me getting fired?

Anonymous User

Re: Fired from a summer job...

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Borhas wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was recently fired from a job for stealing a pair of shoes from the store. I'm planning on attending law school in the fall and I was wondering if this blemish on my record would cause me to not get accepted. The store didn't press charges and I didn't get in any trouble with the police. Any help regarding what I should expect or how to go about telling schools about this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not so sure you have to tell schools about conduct that did not lead to charges or even an arrest

It's not like they ask you to list every dishonest thing you've ever done in your life

Well they asked me to disclose if I've ever been fired from a job. Do I admit to being fired and then just not tell them the exact reasoning behind me getting fired?

1. don't deceive
2. don't provide more information than absolutely necessary

who knows they might not even follow up on it, if they do then you have to explain it I guess

edit: didn't mean to post anon, I'm poster quoted above

Return to “Legal Employment”