2L Summer Externship with City?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2L Summer Externship with City?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Is this too "low" a position to take as a 2L? I had a paid 1L SA with a boutique law firm last summer but I really need WE in prosecution b/c that is what I want to do when I graduate.....do I have to find paid work at a prosecutor's office? If so, would I be better off at a county office or is it o.k. to work for a city? The city is closer to home and the county ones make for a more complicated and time consuming commute.

sanpiero

Re: 2L Summer Externship with City?

Postby sanpiero » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:I really need WE in prosecution b/c that is what I want to do when I graduate

If I couldn't find a paid summer prosecutor job or a more prestigious unpaid gig, I would take it

/thread

Anonymous User

Re: 2L Summer Externship with City?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:34 pm

sanpiero wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I really need WE in prosecution b/c that is what I want to do when I graduate

If I couldn't find a paid summer prosecutor job or a more prestigious unpaid gig, I would take it

/thread

Thanks. I guess my question is whether a city is less prestigious than a county clerkship?

Return to “Legal Employment”