Reporting Grades to Firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reporting Grades to Firm

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm a 1L who recently interviewed with 2 firms in a secondary market and was wondering if it was okay to send grades out to the firms before all the grades are received.

I have 3/4 and 1 I don't expect for a while and was wondering if it would be okay to just send the 3 and say that the 4th might take longer?

Any negatives to this or is this a good idea?

Thanks!

spaghetti day

Re: Reporting Grades to Firm

Postby spaghetti day » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Unless you did median or below, send the grades now.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am

Any other thoughts on this? Trying to think of any reasons why it is a bad idea

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:27 am

It's not a bad idea, give them as much positive information as possible. Send them.

theantiscalia

Postby theantiscalia » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 am

I also interviewed with some secondary markets. Send them... I know at least one firm I interviewed with is making a decision this week, so if your grades are good, send them ASAP... the process is in motion.

If they're below median, however, hold off as long as possible.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:45 am

I had my law school GPA on my resume (just say x.xx, based on 3 of 4 grades received as of xx/xx/2011) and sent out unofficial transcripts when I just had 1 grade. There is no reason not to not send grades yet, unless you are hoping that the 4th rescues what was a terrible semester of grades.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:33 am

Say you have one grade and it is exactly median. You've already had multiple 1L SA interviews. Would you go ahead and send this grade to firms or wait for others (could be a while)? Basically is a median grade really something you want to send off?

Relevant information:
-No idea what other grades will be or how long they will take, but likely they will be median (or maybe even below). Maybe would get lucky in one class and it be above median.

-All secondary markets

Return to “Legal Employment”