judicial internship question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

judicial internship question

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm

hey everyone,

Quick ques: when applying to a judicial internship, do you guys think that it's sufficient if the resume & cover letter are on resume paper or do you think the resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample should ALL be on resume paper?

Also, when printing the writing sample, should it be printed out one-sided or double-sided?

Thanks in advance.

Geist13

Re: judicial internship question

Postby Geist13 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:02 pm

I printed only the resume and cover letter on special paper. It would have gotten too expensive to do the writing sample as well. I did one-sided printing with the writing sample.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks! That's what I was thinking too.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 pm

I don't think a writing sample should be on resume paper. Only the resume and cover letter can appropriately be printed on resume paper. As for the writing sample, I printed out a cover sheet to it on resume paper, so as to properly introduce it formally, but without wasting all that money printing a 7 page document on fine paper.

Return to “Legal Employment”