CLS Spring OCI Program 2011 Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

CLS Spring OCI Program 2011

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:31 pm

Imagine this thread will be started eventually, so minus well start it now.

Who else is pissed that Columbia has managed to get no one to show up for the program. It feels like a slap in the face. There isn't even enough employers to use up bids. This really demonstrates that Columbia has no idea what to do w/ those of us who were unable to secure employment at EIP. It also means we are stuck listening to all our classmates who have jobs make jokes about how pathetic the offerings are, completely insensitive to the situation. Feel like Columbia at this point minus well just show us the article from the NY Times and tell us to go jump off a bridge.

Anonymous User

Re: CLS Spring OCI Program 2011

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:47 pm

I'd imagine if you want any feedback on the firms, you should post a list of who's coming.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 am

The list is pretty sad.

Edit: Not OP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'd imagine if you want any feedback on the firms, you should post a list of who's coming.
OP: That makes it even sadder. No firms. This is the current list and bidding is from Jan 12-20.

Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A

Legal Outreach, Inc.
Long Island City, NY

The Legal Aid Society - Criminal Defense Division
New York, NY

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 am

I just hope you never wrote "minus well" on any of your app materials.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Imagine this thread will be started eventually, so minus well start it now.

Who else is pissed that Columbia has managed to get no one to show up for the program. It feels like a slap in the face. There isn't even enough employers to use up bids. This really demonstrates that Columbia has no idea what to do w/ those of us who were unable to secure employment at EIP. It also means we are stuck listening to all our classmates who have jobs make jokes about how pathetic the offerings are, completely insensitive to the situation. Feel like Columbia at this point minus well just show us the article from the NY Times and tell us to go jump off a bridge.
As a fellow unemployed CLS 2L, I feel your pain, but there's no use blowing up at the administration. We already know the deal with them, it was obvious last Spring at the EIP meeting. If you want a job this summer you'll have to go out and find one on your own. It won't be the kind of well-paying job that 70-80% of the class has, so you should probably get over that too. I don't fault my classmates for talking about their SAs, when 80% of the class has this great thing they all are thinking about, I don't expect them to keep quiet for the benefit of the few percent of us who are still unemployed (plus most people without jobs are very quiet about the whole thing anyway).

RE: the NYTimes article, I found it hilarious that the school administration was contacting individual bloggers to correct them about Jason Bohn. They do make a great effort when it comes to dispelling the "myth" that any Columbia grads are working crap jobs or unemployed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 pm

You have to go after it yourself; its an uphill battle. You knew that might be the case when you saw the Latham-ing before you even started law school. You knew that would be the case when you got three B-s 1L year. There really isn't much the administration (which, I give you, is inept and inflexible) can do for you at this point that you can't do for yourself.

NYU PILC Career Fair is a really good resource.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Wow, even Penn's is quite a bit better than Columbia's spring OCI. Still no firms, but quite a few more orgs. Firm hiring is done.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:50 pm

OP: I'm just venting a bit. Know this stuff more than anyone. Unfortunately, pessimistic about the NYU fair too after last year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”