Prosecutors Office for large city versus small firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Prosecutors Office for large city versus small firm

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:49 pm

I am a 1L. I have political ambitions in both of the locations below.

Two options.

Prosecutor: I come from a cop family and am naturally drawn towards this. I also admire public service. This would be paid, at $11 and hour. Can live at home for free.

Small firm: Small firm that does workers comp, SSI, med-mal, and represents a number of unions in collective bargaining. Connected to the Democratic party in a large city. Pays 900 a week with the option to keep working while at school when I can. If I do well, can come back next

Long term the small firm is a pretty good deal with secure and well paying employment, especially since I do not need the money that bad but also is good politically.

Thoughts? Good luck to people looking for work and in their semesters.

Voyager

Re: Prosecutors Office for large city versus small firm

Postby Voyager » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am a 1L. I have political ambitions in both of the locations below.

Two options.

Prosecutor: I come from a cop family and am naturally drawn towards this. I also admire public service. This would be paid, at $11 and hour. Can live at home for free.

Small firm: Small firm that does workers comp, SSI, med-mal, and represents a number of unions in collective bargaining. Connected to the Democratic party in a large city. Pays 900 a week with the option to keep working while at school when I can. If I do well, can come back next

Long term the small firm is a pretty good deal with secure and well paying employment, especially since I do not need the money that bad but also is good politically.

Thoughts? Good luck to people looking for work and in their semesters.

If you want to go prosecution, do the prosecution internship.

Return to “Legal Employment”