1L timeline! Should I panic?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

1L timeline! Should I panic?

Postby 730 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:26 pm

I applied to a lot of jobs including firm diversity scholarships. So far I haven't heard much at all (sometimes I got a thank you for applying email). I applied between dec 1- and now, with the vast majority of my apps going out before dec 5. Now here is my real concern, I feel like I applied too ambitiously (for things that are too hard to get) and im now concerned im going to get shut out... so here are my two questions basically

1. What is the timeline for people who applied to jobs in early dec, when should I hear back about interviews or dings, or offers? When should I be concerned.

2. I have no idea what else to apply to, someone help me, can I just hit up my county court? What looks ok? Where can I find listings for public interest stuff?

I don't think this matters but I go to a top school (top 6), and I don't have grades yet.

Bosque

Re: 1L timeline! Should I panic?

Postby Bosque » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:31 pm

YES. PANIC.

Not for any of those reasons though, but simply because you are in law school.

Postby 730 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Bosque wrote:YES. PANIC.

Not for any of those reasons though, but simply because you are in law school.

What should I be doing for making a successful summer at this point? Outside of dropping out of law school.

Postby 730 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm not sure if double posting is allowed here. I just would really like some insight into what I should be doing at this point or when I should be hearing back from places. I looked in the forum search and couldn't find this info.

uvahooo

Postby uvahooo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:06 pm

There are plenty of jobs besides firm jobs- focus on PI, judicial internships, and maybe RA wtf is wrong?

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm

You def need to relax.

Browse through this thread a little..
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142313

Do you know any 2Ls at your school? Ask them what they did / anything specific the school will help with..

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Disclaimer: This is not subtle NYU trolling

NYU has a public interest career fair in February where a lot of public interest/government entities come and interview. Also, I imagine your school has an account with the University of Arizona Honors Handbook, which has a pretty complete listing of government jobs.

http://www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm

A lot of government entities/private orgs hire later than firms.

uvahooo

Postby uvahooo » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Actually, if you look at this dude's history you can see that he/she knows what he has to do instead of focusing on firm jobs.

Ignore.

AND FLAME!

Return to “Legal Employment”