Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
bringbackfirefly
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby bringbackfirefly » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:29 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Car with insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, entertainment, dry cleaning, savings and a 3k apartment is just getting by. Am I missing something?

User avatar
mrmangs
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby mrmangs » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm

tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


+1

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:31 pm

tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know this was "20something with no kids top law schools.com" - some of us might not fit the precise mold you seem to think defines ALL LS students.

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:34 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know this was "20something with no kids top law schools.com" - some of us might not fit the precise mold you seem to think defines ALL LS students.


Ok, now it is clear that you are just trolling..

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:38 pm

tkgrrett wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know this was "20something with no kids top law schools.com" - some of us might not fit the precise mold you seem to think defines ALL LS students.


Ok, now it is clear that you are just trolling..


I'm not - this thread has just slightly derailed. In any case, to each their own.

User avatar
Dex
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Dex » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:39 pm

bringbackfirefly wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Car with insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, entertainment, dry cleaning, savings and a 3k apartment is just getting by. Am I missing something?


Why the hell would you need, or want, a car in NYC? That makes no sense what so ever to me. If you want to drive a car, save on rent and commute to the city. Want to live in the city? Skip the car - it's completely unnecessary.

User avatar
Moxie
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Moxie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:41 pm

tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


This. And if you're living in lower Manhattan, you won't need a car/insurance for it.

lolschool2011 wrote:After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Well yea, after paying loans/rent/costs, and saving for retirement and a rainy day fund, what else do you need money for? I can't imagine that a (a 25-35 year old) living in NY would be struggling to pay the bills.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273128
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:50 pm

I pay 1495 to live in a true one bedroom between 7th and 8th ave, and I am north of Garfield Pl on a side street, not facing an avenue. A friend of mine lives in an semi-open one bedroom for $1350 on Seventh Ave that's North of Berkeley. It happens. I'm not saying all the apartments are that cheap, but you can find it if you spend more than a week looking.


I spent 2 months looking at pretty much everything on the market, had friends in the neighborhood on the lookout for grapevine deals, and I never saw anything even close to that cheap. You may have gotten in on recession specials that simply aren't available any more.

User avatar
hokie
Posts: 339
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby hokie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:52 pm

so I just skimmed over the thread and got that the general gist is that nobody actually posted any T14 success stories but rather that this is a discussion on whether 160k in NYC is 'enough' :roll: ............ :lol:

Frathard
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Frathard » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:56 pm

hokie wrote:so I just skimmed over the thread and got that the general gist is that nobody actually posted any T14 success stories but rather that this is a discussion on whether 160k in NYC is 'enough' :roll: ............ :lol:



I tried

rundoxierun
Posts: 1893
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 pm

hokie wrote:so I just skimmed over the thread and got that the general gist is that nobody actually posted any T14 success stories but rather that this is a discussion on whether 160k in NYC is 'enough' :roll: ............ :lol:


I know some people who graduated from UVA and UC-Berkeley and were in biglaw making 160k+ last time I checked(been nearly a year since I talked to them though). The one from UC-Berk was living in NYC and the only reason I know his salary (close to 190k he told me) was b/c he was complaining about being "forced" to pay 3k+ rent on a studio overlooking the Hudson by his new aspiring fashion designer girlfriend. The one who went to UVA was working at a biglaw firm in DC that starts at 160k but I have no clue what he was making himself. I only know a few people who went/go to T14s though and most people dont really openly discuss their money.

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby BruceWayne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm

tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


I'm not sure if the people saying this are making the statement in isolation or if they mean it in a relative sense. If they're making it in general you're right to say it's ridiculous to make that claim. However, if they are saying it in a relative sense( ie that sucks when you look at the fact that you can live significantly better than that on that salary in many other cities) then I see where they are coming from.

5k for a 1br is insane. You can get a 3br in a brand new building Union Square (less than 5 minutes to transit that will take you all over the city) for 4k. You can live in Gramercy/Midtown for 2.5k in a nice 1br. The only way anyone should be paying 5k a month for a 1br, even in Manhattan, is if you're trying, or if you want a key to Gramercy Park. Even if you spend 5k a month on rent, that's "only" 60k. After Federal, State, and NYC tax 160k should be around 90k a year. If your student loans at graduation are around 100k, your monthly payment is about $800. That's about 21k a year left for expenses, assuming you get zero bonus. $1750 a month to spend is potentially a "pittance" if you have pretty expensive tastes, but for the first year out of law school? That's not hardship, certainly not with the 5k a month apartment.


*and when I say "nice" I don't just mean "doable" I mean new applicances, hardwood floors, high ceilings, elevators, marble, potentially doorman, etc. You can live in a brownstone in Park Slope (where attorneys go to breed) 1500+



You're acting like the guy is crazy, but he's really not. I don't think he's saying that there's anything wrong with liviing in the types of places you describe--that somehow that's living like crap. The point is that when someone hears 160K a year, 60+ hours a week at work, and $2,000 a month apartment they don't think about living in the type of place you described. The idea that you can make that kind of money, and spend that much money on rent, but live in an OK place is shocking to people who aren't from NYC. When you're not from NYC and you hear $1800 a month for a one bedroom apartment, you think "What the hell, the place better have TV screens in the damn toilet" not "it has appliances, an A/C, and a hardwood floor".

ogurty
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:16 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby ogurty » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:08 pm

hokie wrote:so I just skimmed over the thread and got that the general gist is that nobody actually posted any T14 success stories but rather that this is a discussion on whether 160k in NYC is 'enough' :roll: ............ :lol:


To be fair, what is there to say? Somewhere around half (or more or less depending on which troll's unreliable statistics you believe) of T14 graduates make exactly the same salary as one another in lockstep-style biglaw firms. This accounts for the vast majority of the "success stories". Almost all of the rest make less money. A tiny, tiny minority do better than biglaw. And, I think most of these cases will not be posting on TLS.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:25 pm

bringbackfirefly wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Car with insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, entertainment, dry cleaning, savings and a 3k apartment is just getting by. Am I missing something?


ITT capitalism is frowned upon.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:31 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
bringbackfirefly wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Car with insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, entertainment, dry cleaning, savings and a 3k apartment is just getting by. Am I missing something?


ITT capitalism is frowned upon.


No, you are just a moron. Anyone who legitimately feels that 160k is a pittance, in any country in the world, is so disconnected with reality that they aren't even worth acknowledging. You, literally, are so stupid, that you can't comprehened simple realities. I'm sorry, you deserve to be mocked.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


I'm not sure if the people saying this are making the statement in isolation or if they mean it in a relative sense. If they're making it in general you're right to say it's ridiculous to make that claim. However, if they are saying it in a relative sense( ie that sucks when you look at the fact that you can live significantly better than that on that salary in many other cities) then I see where they are coming from.


Sure, it goes farther in another city/state. I understand that and personally, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to be in NYC. But you are still living far above the norm, even for those living in NYC. To act as if it is a small amount of money is to have your heads so far in the clouds that you can't even see what is going on with anyone around you. It's ludicrous, stupid, and downright comical.

User avatar
bringbackfirefly
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:14 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby bringbackfirefly » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:37 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
bringbackfirefly wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.


Car with insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, entertainment, dry cleaning, savings and a 3k apartment is just getting by. Am I missing something?


ITT capitalism is frowned upon.


No, capitalism is fine. But I disagree that those amenities are "just getting by."

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby BruceWayne » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
tkgrrett wrote:This has to be the only forum in the world where people view things like savings and retirement accounts as "costs" and think of living in lower Manhattan as a necessity of NYC. There are like 9 million people living in NYC. How many of them do you all think are making 70-75k after taxes and a 2k/month student loan payment?? I have no clue what TLS people do with their money but that seems like plenty for a 20something with no kids even in NYC.


I'm not sure if the people saying this are making the statement in isolation or if they mean it in a relative sense. If they're making it in general you're right to say it's ridiculous to make that claim. However, if they are saying it in a relative sense( ie that sucks when you look at the fact that you can live significantly better than that on that salary in many other cities) then I see where they are coming from.


Sure, it goes farther in another city/state. I understand that and personally, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to be in NYC. But you are still living far above the norm, even for those living in NYC. To act as if it is a small amount of money is to have your heads so far in the clouds that you can't even see what is going on with anyone around you. It's ludicrous, stupid, and downright comical.


Geez that was a bit over the top. So just because the guy has a different opinion than you do you start slamming him with extreme ad hominems?

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:I'm not sure if the people saying this are making the statement in isolation or if they mean it in a relative sense. If they're making it in general you're right to say it's ridiculous to make that claim. However, if they are saying it in a relative sense( ie that sucks when you look at the fact that you can live significantly better than that on that salary in many other cities) then I see where they are coming from.


Sure, it goes farther in another city/state. I understand that and personally, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to be in NYC. But you are still living far above the norm, even for those living in NYC. To act as if it is a small amount of money is to have your heads so far in the clouds that you can't even see what is going on with anyone around you. It's ludicrous, stupid, and downright comical.


Geez that was a bit over the top. So just because the guy has a different opinion than you do you start slamming him with extreme ad hominems?


You aren't understanding, this isn't an opinion or argument that we can simple disagree about and go the other way. This guy is, without a doubt, wrong. There is no other side to the argument. There isn't a logical argument that he could use to win the argument. It is frankly, as absurd as any post i've ever seen. Only extreme language will properly explain extreme stupidity. Sorry, but 160k, in any city, is FAR more than just getting by or a pittance. As I already conceded, it is a lot less in NYC than Cincinnati, but that doesn't change the other two points.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:
bringbackfirefly wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:Hear me out Proletariat/Patriot (you deserve that for f-bomb drop).... we've established that 160k post-tax is about 100k/year... lets say 8k/month. Even if I was slightly exaggerating what a "nice" (again, a relative idea) 1br would run in NYC, 8k/month really isn't that much dough.

After a 3k apartment, 1k student loan payment, lets say you enjoy having a car w/insurance, parking, utilities, cable, food, enterainment, dry cleaning, and an attempt to aproximate the semblance of "saving" something per month, etc, etc.... 160k seems, at least to me, just getting by in a city like NYC.



ITT capitalism is frowned upon.


No, you are just a moron. Anyone who legitimately feels that 160k is a pittance, in any country in the world, is so disconnected with reality that they aren't even worth acknowledging. You, literally, are so stupid, that you can't comprehened simple realities. I'm sorry, you deserve to be mocked.


You're such a child... i'll keep this quick. I've made well over 160k for several years. In a big city with a relatively large mortgage and prop taxes, and.... oh what's the use. Yes Patriot, you're right. 160k is rich. Good luck with your perspectives.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby Patriot1208 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:00 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:
bringbackfirefly wrote:
ITT capitalism is frowned upon.


No, you are just a moron. Anyone who legitimately feels that 160k is a pittance, in any country in the world, is so disconnected with reality that they aren't even worth acknowledging. You, literally, are so stupid, that you can't comprehened simple realities. I'm sorry, you deserve to be mocked.


You're such a child... i'll keep this quick. I've made well over 160k for several years. In a big city with a relatively large mortgage and prop taxes, and.... oh what's the use. Yes Patriot, you're right. 160k is rich. Good luck with your perspectives.


Just to make this clear; i'm a child because I have a perspective that includes those around me? But you are an adult because you don't understand the realities of the world you live in and instead only focus on yourself while considering not being able to buy a rolex, poor?

User avatar
stonepeep
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby stonepeep » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 pm

lolschool2011 wrote:You're such a child... i'll keep this quick. I've made well over 160k for several years.


Then don't go to law school if your reason for going is to make more money. Seriously. You wouldn't get to your "250k+ success story" until your 6th year in a lockstep Biglaw firm. Most people don't get Biglaw and many (most?) of the ones that do don't stay in Biglaw for that long.

Or do you think there is some secret career path where newly-minted law grads make more than Biglaw?

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:I'm not sure if the people saying this are making the statement in isolation or if they mean it in a relative sense. If they're making it in general you're right to say it's ridiculous to make that claim. However, if they are saying it in a relative sense( ie that sucks when you look at the fact that you can live significantly better than that on that salary in many other cities) then I see where they are coming from.


Sure, it goes farther in another city/state. I understand that and personally, that's one of the reasons why I don't want to be in NYC. But you are still living far above the norm, even for those living in NYC. To act as if it is a small amount of money is to have your heads so far in the clouds that you can't even see what is going on with anyone around you. It's ludicrous, stupid, and downright comical.


Geez that was a bit over the top. So just because the guy has a different opinion than you do you start slamming him with extreme ad hominems?


You aren't understanding, this isn't an opinion or argument that we can simple disagree about and go the other way. This guy is, without a doubt, wrong. There is no other side to the argument. There isn't a logical argument that he could use to win the argument. It is frankly, as absurd as any post i've ever seen. Only extreme language will properly explain extreme stupidity. Sorry, but 160k, in any city, is FAR more than just getting by or a pittance. As I already conceded, it is a lot less in NYC than Cincinnati, but that doesn't change the other two points.



Wow - just caught this nugget of naivete and almost feel guilty making fun of you at this point. Almost.

Patriot, have you actually lived (not with your parents) in a big city? Have you ever purchased a home or condo? Do you like "nice" things? Is "nice" to you an xbox? Do you know what cars are? How about relatively nice cars? Do you like to look sharp, or do you prefer shopping at old navy? Quick question: In a city, what is the average property tax amount on a 750k condo? Divide that by 12 and figure out what to do with it relative to the buffet-like 160k/yr salary that seems to impress you as much as the last twilight movie.

My teenie-bopper refences are getting a little weak, i'll admit, but THAT'S BECAUSE I'VE BEEN LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD FOR THE PAST 7 YEARS YOU DOUCHEBAG. Ahem, and in this "real world" almost all of my friends make over 160k/yr.... yes, for most it's a combined amount with their spouse, but the fact remains, it's a pittance for a city. They all have to live according to a pretty strict budget and no one is "rolling in it" with this amount of salary.

Lets just be honest here, you're a 13 year old pimpled troll pretending to be applying to LS, right?

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:10 pm

stonepeep wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:You're such a child... i'll keep this quick. I've made well over 160k for several years.


Then don't go to law school if your reason for going is to make more money. Seriously. You wouldn't get to your "250k+ success story" until your 6th year in a lockstep Biglaw firm. Most people don't get Biglaw and many (most?) of the ones that do don't stay in Biglaw for that long.

Or do you think there is some secret career path where newly-minted law grads make more than Biglaw?


I'm getting my JD for another reason.

User avatar
lolschool2011
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:14 pm

Re: Detailed T14 Success Stories w/Salary Info.

Postby lolschool2011 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
lolschool2011 wrote:ITT capitalism is frowned upon.


No, you are just a moron. Anyone who legitimately feels that 160k is a pittance, in any country in the world, is so disconnected with reality that they aren't even worth acknowledging. You, literally, are so stupid, that you can't comprehened simple realities. I'm sorry, you deserve to be mocked.

You're such a child... i'll keep this quick. I've made well over 160k for several years. In a big city with a relatively large mortgage and prop taxes, and.... oh what's the use. Yes Patriot, you're right. 160k is rich. Good luck with your perspectives.


Just to make this clear; i'm a child because I have a perspective that includes those around me? But you are an adult because you don't understand the realities of the world you live in and instead only focus on yourself while considering not being able to buy a rolex, poor?


Are you too stupid to understand the hilarious irony of your last statement? You're a child precisely because you aren't able to comprehend that 160k might not be a lot of money for a demographic outside of your own. Lol. You're perceiving everything relative only to a narrow group, and not in a broader sense that includes others with different perspectives. Oh man, you have a long way to go....




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.