USAO Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
frank galvin

USAO Interviews

Postby frank galvin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:01 pm

1L going in for a USAO interview in VA, what should I expect beyond standard interview questions? Will be a panel interview with multiple AUSAs.

Can anyone give me some info on their experience?

Voyager

Re: USAO Interviews

Postby Voyager » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:17 pm

frank galvin wrote:1L going in for a USAO interview in VA, what should I expect beyond standard interview questions? Will be a panel interview with multiple AUSAs.

I met with one guy. His decision was all that mattered.

They want to hear about public service, interest in prosecution, interest in seeing justice served. They also want to see confidence and the ability to articulate answers under stress.

ggocat

Postby ggocat » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I wouldn't expect anything other than standard interview questions. Some USAOs won't let you do both civil and criminal, so it would be good to know your preference ahead of time.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Voyager wrote:
frank galvin wrote:1L going in for a USAO interview in VA, what should I expect beyond standard interview questions? Will be a panel interview with multiple AUSAs.

I met with one guy. His decision was all that mattered.

They want to hear about public service, interest in prosecution, interest in seeing justice served. They also want to see confidence and the ability to articulate answers under stress.

Same went for me, but it was a lady.

Return to “Legal Employment”