Putting references on resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
stayway

Putting references on resume

Postby stayway » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:32 pm

is it ok?

megaTTTron

Re: Putting references on resume

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:is it ok?

Usually it's a separate document. Maybe as a space filler? Still, I'd err on the side of having it on a separate sheet.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:44 pm

CSO told me to put them on resume, so I did. FWIW family member who did hiring for a large Federal office said this was absolutely moronic.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:46 pm

rad law wrote:CSO told me to put them on resume, so I did. FWIW family member who did hiring for a large Federal office said this was absolutely moronic.

Shit. I've never heard that. Maybe it's okay then.

LurkerNoMore

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:04 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
rad law wrote:CSO told me to put them on resume, so I did. FWIW family member who did hiring for a large Federal office said this was absolutely moronic.

Read the second sentence. CSOs say all sorts of moronic things. Just because they say so doesn't mean it's ok. If you know actual practicing attorneys who are involved in hiring or looking at resumes on a regular basis, go with their opinion over a CSO. Remember, the job of the CSO is to make their stats look good, not to make you look good (and if you looking good could possibly make your peers not look as good in comparison, they will go for mediocre cookie cutter advice most of the time).

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm

LurkerNoMore wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

Read the second sentence. CSOs say all sorts of moronic things. Just because they say so doesn't mean it's ok. If you know actual practicing attorneys who are involved in hiring or looking at resumes on a regular basis, go with their opinion over a CSO. Remember, the job of the CSO is to make their stats look good, not to make you look good (and if you looking good could possibly make your peers not look as good in comparison, they will go for mediocre cookie cutter advice most of the time).

FWIW he never hired recent grads, only experienced attys.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:22 pm

LurkerNoMore wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

I don't think I like your tone. Maybe go back to lurking?

LurkerNoMore

Postby LurkerNoMore » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:24 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
LurkerNoMore wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

Sorry -- was just trying to support your first post. <shrug>

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

LurkerNoMore wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

Sorry -- was just trying to support your first post. <shrug>

Hahaha, totally kidding, but it was too easy with your user name.

Return to “Legal Employment”