not employment-related but confidentiality desired

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

not employment-related but confidentiality desired

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:47 am

One of my professor's wife passed away lately. The professor cancelled some classes and did not give feedback on our papers as promised before thanksgiving. everything has been pushed back. The original deadline for our work product was mid-December. The new deadline is early january.

He said he would give us feedback a week ago, so that we can improve our work over the holiday break and turn in our work before school starts. a couple of us are still waiting for his feedback and really freaking out ...

do you think the prof has obligation to set a more lenient curve? i mean, i totally sympathize with him. But some of us have other obligations over the holiday break.... and were not prepared for this.

Sup Kid

Re: not employment-related but confidentiality desired

Postby Sup Kid » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:57 am

Contact the administration (such as the Dean of Students or the Dean of Academics) and see how they respond.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:05 pm

Sup Kid wrote:Contact the administration (such as the Dean of Students or the Dean of Academics) and see how they respond.

Do this, but don't get your hopes up. They're not really going to do anymore than politely ask the Prof.; and if he's tenured they won't even do that.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:One of my professor's wife passed away lately. The professor cancelled some classes and did not give feedback on our papers as promised before thanksgiving. everything has been pushed back. The original deadline for our work product was mid-December. The new deadline is early january.

He said he would give us feedback a week ago, so that we can improve our work over the holiday break and turn in our work before school starts. a couple of us are still waiting for his feedback and really freaking out ...

do you think the prof has obligation to set a more lenient curve? i mean, i totally sympathize with him. But some of us have other obligations over the holiday break.... and were not prepared for this.

Obligation? No. Likely? No. Should he? No.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Professors can basically do whatever they want and the administration will back them in almost every case.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:06 pm

I stopped reading after "not employment-related".

Return to “Legal Employment”