ESPN Summer Assocate

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
gfunk01

ESPN Summer Assocate

Postby gfunk01 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:48 pm

I have an upcoming interview w/ ESPN legal office, and was curious if anyone had worked there or knew someone who did who could talk about the job. Thanks and happy holidays.

UnTouChablE

Re: ESPN Summer Assocate

Postby UnTouChablE » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:21 pm

I want this! (I wish I knew someone)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Sounds like a cool job- but have you ever been to BristoL CT

Not near ANYTHING

Postby 20160810 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:00 pm

G. T. L. Rev. wrote:If you get the job, you have to promise us to research ways to get Stuart Scott OFF THE DAMN AIR. Looking into whether he commits negligent infliction of emotional distress every time he editorializes would be a good place to start.

I loled, but TINTCR.

Your main priority needs to be forcing Skip Bayless to GTFO, and also making sure Erin Andrews GTFIMP*. Good luck, and this job sounds amazing. Details on how you lined this up would be appreciated.

*Gets the Fuck In My Pants.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:06 pm

SBL wrote:
G. T. L. Rev. wrote:If you get the job, you have to promise us to research ways to get Stuart Scott OFF THE DAMN AIR. Looking into whether he commits negligent infliction of emotional distress every time he editorializes would be a good place to start.

I loled, but TINTCR.

Your main priority needs to be forcing Skip Bayless to GTFO, and also making sure Erin Andrews GTFIMP*. Good luck, and this job sounds amazing. Details on how you lined this up would be appreciated.

*Gets the Fuck In My Pants.

Skip is the man. We need to get find a way to get me in the post-Tony and Mike phase of PTI. I would think having a legitimate answer to why you're interested in being with ESPN specifically as opposed to traditional internships would be key. I doubt that they expect you to know what they deal with day in day out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

I have worked for them before but not in a legal capacity. I would go in expecting to be paid below industry average for whatever it is you're doing. I don't have any specific knowledge of the legal department, but I would assume it's like every other job there - everyone wants to work there, so they don't have to offer competitive compensation.

christmas mouse

Postby christmas mouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:58 pm

sorry dude but no jurisdiction would allow for recovery for NEID off of these facts.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 pm

I've met the GC a couple of times. My advice, just be yourself and sincerely express your interest in why you want to work for ESPN. Also, are you certain that you'll be working in Bristol or NYC. I know people who work in both or one or the other.

2LLLL

Postby 2LLLL » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:14 pm

If you get the job, you have to promise us to research ways to get Stuart Scott OFF THE DAMN AIR. Looking into whether he commits negligent infliction of emotional distress every time he editorializes would be a good place to start.

Can't stand Stuart Scott. You ever hear the story about how his eye got messed up? Apparently at an NFL training camp he thought he was hot s*** because he played receiver in high school and wanted to try out the pass-throwing machine, even though the receivers warned him it wasn't easy. Pass comes out and nails him in the eye.

Return to “Legal Employment”