Most helpful legal employment threads?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
rowlf

Most helpful legal employment threads?

Postby rowlf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:10 am

Hey everyone,

I used TLS to educate myself on how to prepare for the LSAT, apply to schools, and tackle 1L, and it proved a helpful resource for all these things. I feel there's a lot of useful stuff here on employment as well, but it's a bit more spaced out in a bunch of threads and there aren't any stickies. I was wondering which threads you all have found most useful. The threads you've tagged or saved along the way. I'm interested in government, public policy, and clerkships the most, but I wouldn't mind seeing useful posts on firms, because I might also be interested in litigation in private practice for a couple years. Thanks!

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Most helpful legal employment threads?

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:20 am

Went through some of my bookmarks and found decently helpful thread on clerkships: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111786

This thread really should be stickied: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=120382

rowlf

Re: Most helpful legal employment threads?

Postby rowlf » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks Richie! That second thread by Alyosha is really good, and really should be stickied. Also, if his name is a Dostoevsky reference, that's a win by itself.

Also, this new-ish thread, What I Wish I Would have Known Before OCI is pretty solid: --LinkRemoved--

Return to “Legal Employment”