UC davis employment statistics..explain Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bk1

Diamond

Re: UC davis employment statistics..explain

Post by bk1 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:PM'd
i never got a PM lol
Because you can't PM anonymous people.
Last edited by bk1 on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:21 am

Anonymous Scholar wrote:
i never got a PM lol
I pray that the exam gods take mercy on your souls if you two young scholars seriously dont realize that you can't PM an anonymous user. On top of that you are BOTH anonymous users lol.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:39 am

haha k it was my first time using anon feature...and I just joined..and he said he PM'd me...relaxxx

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:51 am

ahaha i originally said "cant pm and i dont want to spam employment forum with uc davis advice" but then it "let" me send the PM. I assumed rather than being broken and allowing anon pms it might allow anons to PM other anons albeit with the sender divulging their s/n. As it lets you PM, this makes sense :) (and this is what it looked like to me)
yo! wrote:shit....I have Aoki next semester
It gets worse, he basically gives out the test (I am not joking, there was only 1-2 issues that changed on last years test from the handout) with a few variables moved around during the last week of class. So everyone will know enough to finish the test with just an outline, so the usual apathetic people will still do decently well. To get that A you gotta get lucky, creative, or incorporate a lot of comic book references.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:10 am

oh i forgot to ask..when do grades usually come out for 1L's...late january?

also, i haven't applied to any 1L summer jobs yet...if I do it before dec 31...is that ok?(this includes judicial externships)

basically its:

DA/PD office
judicial externs
RA
law firm
public interest work

???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

minky

New

Post by minky » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Is anybody still following this thread? It's funny how law schools accept students who did well on the LSAT and can supposedly spot flaws in logic yet they expect us to be tricked by misleading statistics. ugh.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:04 pm

Black-Blue wrote:
General Tso wrote:I am still very skeptical of the 98% employed at graduation claim in USNWR
According to LST, that's 98% for 9 months after graduation, not at graduation. Huge difference there, because with 9 months, you can say you were employed just by doing doc review.
Davis claimed 98% employed AT GRADUATION in last year's USNWR. It will be interesting to see what they report when the new rankings come out next week. I am calling shenanigans if it is anything north of 90%.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 pm

General Tso wrote:
Black-Blue wrote:
General Tso wrote:I am still very skeptical of the 98% employed at graduation claim in USNWR
According to LST, that's 98% for 9 months after graduation, not at graduation. Huge difference there, because with 9 months, you can say you were employed just by doing doc review.
Davis claimed 98% employed AT GRADUATION in last year's USNWR. It will be interesting to see what they report when the new rankings come out next week. I am calling shenanigans if it is anything north of 90%.
99% employed where?
Do any current students have a list of who does OCIs or where students have found employment in the last few years?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:50 pm

Class of 2011 at Davis is pretty screwed employment wise. Hope it is better for later classes. Top 10% is okay it seems, after that, it's pretty much a mess. Take what you can get and don't be picky is my advice.

PS - Amar is another real random grader, lots of random B-/C+'s to top students, and A's to people that otherwise do quite poorly. Aoki is a really easy grader past 1L, take everything with him you can.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Regarding Amar - Can you provide any suggestions on what you perceived to work better/not work so well on his exam, grading, et?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Regarding Amar - Can you provide any suggestions on what you perceived to work better/not work so well on his exam, grading, et?
I got an A in his 1L conlaw class. Have fun with the exam. Know your shit, but write well and throw in a few jokes. He's the sort of guy who probably gets bored to tears reading a huge pile of shitty, turgid 1L exams and appreciates someone who puts tiny bit of effort into their prose. He is one of the hardest graders at the school though, and is probably best avoided post-1L. I pressed my luck by taking him for conlaw 2 and wound up with a B+ for my trouble.

Also, avoiding Aoki is probably the worst GPA advice you could possibly give a UCD Law student. He's a really cool professor, his local gov class is interesting as law school classes go, and it's one of the easiest As to be had at King Hall. Take everything you can with him.

DecisionEleven

New

Post by DecisionEleven » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:56 pm

What're the chances of a DA office job out of King Hall starting this fall? Got in with a pretty substantial need package + a small merit award (totaling $30.5k per year, no stip on merit aid) and am trying to decide b/n this school and a couple others.

I'm uninterested in Big Law.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”