TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:24 pm

BB Houston just let me know they were done hiring 1Ls

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Fulbright Houston offer yesterday

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:03 pm

How many people who get a cb interview get an offer? I'm just looking for an estimate. I'm guessing that if you get a cb, you've already been weeded out from a much bigger bunch, correct?

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How many people who get a cb interview get an offer? I'm just looking for an estimate. I'm guessing that if you get a cb, you've already been weeded out from a much bigger bunch, correct?
i dont think you have to be anonymous for that post

regardless, your question is a good one that im curious about as well. a lot of callbacks can be given for relatively few spots as 2Ls...but would firms really set up a bunch of interviews for 1L SA positions when they plan on rejecting a ton of them? seems inefficient to me...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:35 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How many people who get a cb interview get an offer? I'm just looking for an estimate. I'm guessing that if you get a cb, you've already been weeded out from a much bigger bunch, correct?
i dont think you have to be anonymous for that post

regardless, your question is a good one that im curious about as well. a lot of callbacks can be given for relatively few spots as 2Ls...but would firms really set up a bunch of interviews for 1L SA positions when they plan on rejecting a ton of them? seems inefficient to me...
Oops sorry you're right, I guess I didn't reveal any info. But I got a cb interview and so I was wondering, and I didn't want to out myself since some people at my school know me on TLS and Texas isn't really a popular target for those at my school but people know I want Texas.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 am

If anyone else ends up working in Dallas, let me know. I know one other person who will be @ a firm in Dallas. We should all meet up over the summer. PM me when you figure things out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Has anyone heard anything from V&E Dallas?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard anything from V&E Dallas?
They e-mailed me at the beginning of January and said my app. is under review and they would get back to me shortly. Granted, I'm calling them on Monday to withdraw my app.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:If anyone else ends up working in Dallas, let me know. I know one other person who will be @ a firm in Dallas. We should all meet up over the summer. PM me when you figure things out.
Can non-firm 1L's be included in that meet-up? I'll be doing a judicial internship in Dallas for the last half of the summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:If anyone else ends up working in Dallas, let me know. I know one other person who will be @ a firm in Dallas. We should all meet up over the summer. PM me when you figure things out.
Can non-firm 1L's be included in that meet-up? I'll be doing a judicial internship in Dallas for the last half of the summer.
Definitely! Any law student working in Dallas over the summer is free to join. I'll probably have to put a ban on 0Ls, though.

Lt. Aldo Raine

New

Post by Lt. Aldo Raine » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:13 pm

I would like to extend the same invite to TLSers that will be in Houston this summer. I know a few others that will be around but would love to hear from some more.

burtonrideclub

Bronze

Post by burtonrideclub » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:01 am

Anyone hear from V&E Houston?

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:09 am

burtonrideclub wrote:Anyone hear from V&E Houston?
you mean at all? or post-interview? earlier in the thread, someone mentioned 2 ppl who got VE interviews in Houston

did you get an interview invite?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Anyone hear from V&E Houston?
you mean at all? or post-interview? earlier in the thread, someone mentioned 2 ppl who got VE interviews in Houston

did you get an interview invite?
Classmate who has a V&E Houston offer ... they will be working there this coming summer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

has anyone heard back from dallas BB or WGM following cb?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
They e-mailed me at the beginning of January and said my app. is under review and they would get back to me shortly. Granted, I'm calling them on Monday to withdraw my app.
Same except for the withdrawal part. I heard from them recently about my app. going under review. I was under the impression that most firms were done with 1L hiring.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
Same except for the withdrawal part. I heard from them recently about my app. going under review. I was under the impression that most firms were done with 1L hiring.
Locke Lord Houston has a fly-in day next week. Haven't heard from V&E Houston.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote: They e-mailed me at the beginning of January and said my app. is under review and they would get back to me shortly. Granted, I'm calling them on Monday to withdraw my app.
If anyone knows anything about Locke Lord's fly back day, I'd like to hear about it.

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Nope, just an acknowledgment email requesting my fall transcript.

mbusch22

Bronze

Post by mbusch22 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
Definitely! Any law student working in Dallas over the summer is free to join. I'll probably have to put a ban on 0Ls, though.

Why dallas? Are you from here? Just wondering...

I'll likely be doing something in Dallas as I go to SMU.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:25 pm

mbusch22 wrote: Why dallas? Are you from here? Just wondering...

I'll likely be doing something in Dallas as I go to SMU.
Born and raised in the Dallas area. Actually went to SMU undergrad, and have a summer job lined up in Dallas.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote: They e-mailed me at the beginning of January and said my app. is under review and they would get back to me shortly. Granted, I'm calling them on Monday to withdraw my app.
If anyone knows anything about Locke Lord's fly back day, I'd like to hear about it.
received interview offer for Locke Lord fly in day -- it is in early feb. and lasts about 4 hrs...roughly 10 ish? till lunch? typical cb fashion except they have designated a day for it lol (for 1Ls)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Same except for the withdrawal part. I heard from them recently about my app. going under review. I was under the impression that most firms were done with 1L hiring.
received interview offer for Locke Lord fly in day -- it is in early feb. and lasts about 4 hrs...roughly 10 ish? till lunch? typical cb fashion except they have designated a day for it lol (for 1Ls)
Thanks! I received the same except for different office, I believe. Does that mean there will be several people there that day to interview as well? Also I wonder what the chances are of actually receiving an offer is.

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:49 pm

Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:58 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.
odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”