TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
mbusch22
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby mbusch22 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:06 am

Stanford4Me wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:Why dallas? Are you from here? Just wondering...

I'll likely be doing something in Dallas as I go to SMU.

Born and raised in the Dallas area. Actually went to SMU undergrad, and have a summer job lined up in Dallas.


Nice, i went to SMU undergrad too.. just graduated in '10.

When did you graduate?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:26 am

r u going to the dallas one? I wonder if there is only one day designated to it or there are multiple. i m scheduled this fri.

<Quote:
Thanks! I received the same except for different office, I believe. Does that mean there will be several people there that day to interview as well? Also I wonder what the chances are of actually receiving an offer is.[/quote]

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:27 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.


odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol


I think it just varies by office. I submitted apps to both offices at the same time. Not sure whether I should send my transcript in now or wait until they ask for it. Thoughts?

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Stanford4Me » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:20 am

mbusch22 wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:
mbusch22 wrote:Why dallas? Are you from here? Just wondering...

I'll likely be doing something in Dallas as I go to SMU.

Born and raised in the Dallas area. Actually went to SMU undergrad, and have a summer job lined up in Dallas.


Nice, i went to SMU undergrad too.. just graduated in '10.

When did you graduate?

Graduated '10 as well. Also, I was a Finance major (saw in your profile that you did Finance and Econ). Weird . . . we probably sat in the same class together.

On a side note, friend got a job offer in Houston today. Haven't found out which firm, though. Will update when I get the info.

spaghetti day
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby spaghetti day » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 pm

Dinged by Bracewell (Houston) via snail mail

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby de5igual » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:00 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.


odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol


I think it just varies by office. I submitted apps to both offices at the same time. Not sure whether I should send my transcript in now or wait until they ask for it. Thoughts?


Do it ASAP, but it's likely too late. V&E just did OCI yesterday, and apparently there are only 2 spots left in each Dallas and Houston.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby DoubleChecks » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

f0bolous wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.


odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol


I think it just varies by office. I submitted apps to both offices at the same time. Not sure whether I should send my transcript in now or wait until they ask for it. Thoughts?


Do it ASAP, but it's likely too late. V&E just did OCI yesterday, and apparently there are only 2 spots left in each Dallas and Houston.


OCI? not cb interviews for 1Ls?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:T30, Fulbright asked for grades, top 25%, no call yet, you guys will probably kill me.


Dinged at FJ via email, highly encouraged to apply as a 2L.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Anyone hear back from Locke Lord (Austin) or Graves Dougherty (Austin)?

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby J-tow10 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

f0bolous wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:Received the "your app is being reviewed..." e-mail today from V&E Dallas.

Also, received the same e-mail a few weeks ago from V&E Houston.


odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol


I think it just varies by office. I submitted apps to both offices at the same time. Not sure whether I should send my transcript in now or wait until they ask for it. Thoughts?


Do it ASAP, but it's likely too late. V&E just did OCI yesterday, and apparently there are only 2 spots left in each Dallas and Houston.


:(

I guess I shouldn't be too disheartened. I really wasn't expecting much 1L year. Plus, aren't TX employers very into UT/UH/SMU grads? f0bolous, do you know how much WUSTL's name carries down there?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:r u going to the dallas one? I wonder if there is only one day designated to it or there are multiple. i m scheduled this fri.

<Quote:
Thanks! I received the same except for different office, I believe. Does that mean there will be several people there that day to interview as well? Also I wonder what the chances are of actually receiving an offer is.
[/quote]
I just saw this. Yea I was at the Dallas one on Friday. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Now I'm nervous..

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Stephanie13 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:33 pm

J-tow10 wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
odd...i never received even a review email from V&E Houston lol


I think it just varies by office. I submitted apps to both offices at the same time. Not sure whether I should send my transcript in now or wait until they ask for it. Thoughts?


Do it ASAP, but it's likely too late. V&E just did OCI yesterday, and apparently there are only 2 spots left in each Dallas and Houston.


:(

I guess I shouldn't be too disheartened. I really wasn't expecting much 1L year. Plus, aren't TX employers very into UT/UH/SMU grads? f0bolous, do you know how much WUSTL's name carries down there?


I would actually like to know this as well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 pm

WUSTL is a great school, but it seems like a lot of big firms in Texas really like to recruit from the T14, and they also seem to do quite a bit of recruiting out of local Texas schools, especially UT. SMU seems to do quite well in Dallas.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby chadwick218 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 am

J-tow10 wrote:I guess I shouldn't be too disheartened. I really wasn't expecting much 1L year. Plus, aren't TX employers very into UT/UH/SMU grads? f0bolous, do you know how much WUSTL's name carries down there?


Locke Lord is about the only firm that I remember seeing in recent years that hired a couple of WUSTL students. Otherwise, the WUSTL name does seem to go very far. Outside the traditional Texas schools and the T-14, Vandy seems to be the only other school targeted.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
J-tow10 wrote:I guess I shouldn't be too disheartened. I really wasn't expecting much 1L year. Plus, aren't TX employers very into UT/UH/SMU grads? f0bolous, do you know how much WUSTL's name carries down there?


Locke Lord is about the only firm that I remember seeing in recent years that hired a couple of WUSTL students. Otherwise, the WUSTL name does seem to go very far. Outside the traditional Texas schools and the T-14, Vandy seems to be the only other school targeted.

I'm guessing you mean "doesn't"?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 pm

any updates from V&E dallas?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:06 pm

V&E Houston Ding

J-tow10
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby J-tow10 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:V&E Houston Ding


ditto.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:20 am

Same

Lt. Aldo Raine
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Lt. Aldo Raine » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:27 am

Any idea how many spots V+E Houston is still looking to fill with 1Ls?

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:36 am

Lt. Aldo Raine wrote:Any idea how many spots V+E Houston is still looking to fill with 1Ls?


And are they done interviewing them? I assume so -- I never even got an under review email! lol

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:37 am

DoubleChecks wrote:
Lt. Aldo Raine wrote:Any idea how many spots V+E Houston is still looking to fill with 1Ls?


And are they done interviewing them? I assume so -- I never even got an under review email! lol


I'm in the same boat. Sent emails. Good grades. Nada.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any updates from V&E dallas?


Anyone heard anything from them yet?

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6049
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Stanford4Me » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:any updates from V&E dallas?


Anyone heard anything from them yet?

The e-mailed me this week asking for grades - "We hope you're still interested in a position with us and would love to see your grades" (or something like that). I informed them I've already accepted an offer, so I won't be hearing anything else.

Poplock
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: TX 1L Biglaw SA Interview Timetable

Postby Poplock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Got a rejection from V&E Dallas yesterday. I sent in my grades a little over a week ago. Has anyone heard anything from BB, F&R, or Haynes and Boone (all Dallas)?




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.