the importance of the non-legal skills

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
usuaggie

the importance of the non-legal skills

Postby usuaggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:35 am

1L here. Thinking about summer work. This never crossed my mind until now. Should I learn how to make coffee? Is that something summer externs are expected to do? I've never made it before. I've never even tasted it before.

Same with sending a fax. Never done it. I could probably figure it out pretty easily though. More concerned about coffee.

El_Gallo

Re: the importance of the non-legal skills

Postby El_Gallo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 am

Come on dude. You are making us mormons look like life noobs.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:44 am

El_Gallo wrote:Come on dude. You are making us mormons look like life noobs.

LOL

superhands

Postby superhands » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:45 am

Dude, don't worry about it. I doubt that your lack of coffee making skills will hurt your summer employment prospects. Also, if you can make it through one year of law school then you are probably smart enough to operate a coffee machine.

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:18 am

usuaggie wrote:1L here. Thinking about summer work. This never crossed my mind until now. Should I learn how to make coffee? Is that something summer externs are expected to do? I've never made it before. I've never even tasted it before.

Same with sending a fax. Never done it. I could probably figure it out pretty easily though. More concerned about coffee.

Are you like 10? I can understand people not liking coffee, but before ever trying it? Take a sip first and see if you like it...

As for your question, I really hope this was meant humorously as a break from studying for finals, because otherwise, man, worrying about this instead of your torts/civ pro/contracts/etc exam that's tomorrow morning?? Bad call.

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:26 am

Sup Kid wrote:
usuaggie wrote:1L here. Thinking about summer work. This never crossed my mind until now. Should I learn how to make coffee? Is that something summer externs are expected to do? I've never made it before. I've never even tasted it before.

Are you like 10? I can understand people not liking coffee, but before ever trying it? Take a sip first and see if you like it...

As for your question, I really hope this was meant humorously as a break from studying for finals, because otherwise, man, worrying about this instead of your torts/civ pro/contracts/etc exam that's tomorrow morning?? Bad call.

Mormons don't consume caffeinated products...

Sup Kid

Postby Sup Kid » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:19 am

Aqualibrium wrote:
Sup Kid wrote:

Mormons don't consume caffeinated products...

I stand corrected, I didn't realize OP was a Mormon. Still, this is not something to be thinking about in December, during finals. This may be something to think about 6 months from now, if the boss requires the intern to make coffee, and at that point, I recommend taking 30 seconds to read this: http://www.ehow.com/how_2208506_use-coffee-maker.html

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 am

LOL, yes. it was mostly a joke. No, i dont really drink coffee and no i dont know how to make it. But so many people post stupid questions. I was expecting some serious answers for me to laugh at.

as for finals, I haven't been stressed at all. I'm going home and then to disneyland with my family in a week (I haven't been home since february), where I'll be proposing to my girlfriend. It's hard to be stressed about one semester of finals with that coming up.

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:31 am

also, I drink a ton of caffeine. it is just dr. pepper instead of coffee. I have one every morning.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:06 am

life skills might help...

usuaggie

Postby usuaggie » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:36 am

James Bond wrote:life skills might help...

"life skills" are easier when you have a car that shoots missiles, Mr. Bond.

Return to “Legal Employment”