Manhattan DA

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Manhattan DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Anyone heard back after the 3rd round yet?

Anonymous User

Re: Manhattan DA

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Is this the summer program or entry-level?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Entry level. I don't know when they do the summer hiring process.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Several offers from the DA have gone out, though mostly to former interns.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am

Interned there last summer. Fellow intern has his 3rd round the middle of this month, and another buddy (not a former intern) has his 1st round at about the same time, so I guess it's a quite staggered process.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:43 am

Definitely very staggered. I think it depends a bit on interviewers too. I did OCI at end of September. Had references called in mid-late October, rejected beginning of December. Another person who interviewed through OCI from my school had references called in late November, and hasn't heard yet.

Compared to other offices I've interviewed with, it's a lot less structured it seems. (Bronx for instance was pretty much exclusively doing their panel interviews on set days when I went in for mine just before Thanksgiving. Ditto for Philly).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Definitely very staggered. I think it depends a bit on interviewers too. I did OCI at end of September. Had references called in mid-late October, rejected beginning of December. Another person who interviewed through OCI from my school had references called in late November, and hasn't heard yet.

Compared to other offices I've interviewed with, it's a lot less structured it seems. (Bronx for instance was pretty much exclusively doing their panel interviews on set days when I went in for mine just before Thanksgiving. Ditto for Philly).

It's very staggered. Back when I applied, final offers were extended from late Nov to mid March. They also seem to look for a balanced class, (people from different schools, different experience, etc), so things can go in bits and spurts depending on exactly where they are with people they're thinking about making offers to.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Just got an offer last week and accepted it immediately. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Congrats on getting an offer - how long between your 3rd round and your invite to do a 4th? I did my 3rd a little over a month ago and haven't heard back, so I think that's a ding.

Return to “Legal Employment”