Starting Salary

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Starting Salary

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:10 am

I know the job market is bad right now but I was wondering if it was reasonable to think that one could start off between 50-70k graduating at least at the median of a tier 1 in a state in which it is also the highest ranked law school? What else would I need to compensate for the grade situation (Law Review, Moot Court, Mock Trial, Work Experience)?

Kohinoor

Re: Starting Salary

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:I know the job market is bad right now but I was wondering if it was reasonable to think that one could start off between 50-70k graduating at least at the median of a tier 1 in a state in which it is also the highest ranked law school? What else would I need to compensate for the grade situation (Law Review, Moot Court, Mock Trial, Work Experience)?

maybe.

Black-Blue

Re: Starting Salary

Postby Black-Blue » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:28 am

If you mean Iowa or Ohio State, the midwest market isn't exactly doing very well... If you mean Maryland, the DC market is even worse, I heard.

ITE, you can't by any means expect to graduate with a 50-70k job with Median at a T1. However, you can probably expect to get one (no guarantee) within 9 months of graduation, but even if you get a job it will likely entail a painful job search.

Return to “Legal Employment”