Pick summer internship by area of country or actual work?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Pick summer internship by area of country or actual work?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:42 am

I'm a public interest person (2L) and have been offered two summer internships, both at very well-known organizations in the general field I'd like to be in. One is in Cali, one is in NY. The one in Cali is more in line with what I specifically would like to end up doing, but the one in NY is, well, in NY where I'd rather end up after graduation.

My career counselor and other adults (i.e. my parents) are saying I should do NY for the better post-grad job prospects, even though Cali would theoretically give me better experience this summer.

Since I'm so torn, I thought I'd throw it out to see if any TLSers have any thoughts/input/advice. Thanks!

Cavalier

Re: Pick summer internship by area of country or actual work?

Postby Cavalier » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:19 am

Without knowing what you want to end up doing and the names of these two organizations, it's basically impossible to offer you any meaningful advice. Just FYI.

Return to “Legal Employment”