Denver CO / Salt Lake City UT Markets

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kdsunday

Denver CO / Salt Lake City UT Markets

Postby kdsunday » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Perhaps I would like to work in either one of these cities. Would my best course of action to be to attend Boulder or Utah Law (likely with scholarship) or a better school that I have the numbers for to get into with less money, more prestige, but further away from the desired market (169, 3.8 --> UCLA, USC, Berkeley)?

krad

Re: Denver CO / Salt Lake City UT Markets

Postby krad » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Do you have (strong) ties to Denver or SLC?

kdsunday

Postby kdsunday » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Not particularly, no.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:16 am

Denver is fairly insular, but not impossible to break into from a top school. I know nothing about SLC. I'd try and find some sort of tie (familial, friend, etc.), or perhaps work there during 1L summer to show a desire to go to the market, if you really do want to wind up there.

Hedging all of your bets on Denver or SLC with no ties from any school, though, would probably be problematic.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 am

UCLA + SO from Colorado, and didn't have any luck in Denver. Most was mailing, we did not have tons of Denver firms at OCI.

Return to “Legal Employment”