Follow-up on hard copy resumes sent out

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow-up on hard copy resumes sent out

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I sent out about 40 resume/cover letter packages to the market that i live in and go to school in. Sent letters directly to the recruiting coordinator. How soon should I call and follow up with the people I do not hear back from?

SpiteFence

Re: Follow-up on hard copy resumes sent out

Postby SpiteFence » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 pm

You probably shouldn't unless you have some reason to suspect that you should have received a response or that it somehow did not get to the right person. IMO, the only follow up you should do to a resume drop would be contacting alumni/network at that employer to see if they can help you along.

Kohinoor

Re: Follow-up on hard copy resumes sent out

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I sent out about 40 resume/cover letter packages to the market that i live in and go to school in. Sent letters directly to the recruiting coordinator. How soon should I call and follow up with the people I do not hear back from?

You don't.

Return to “Legal Employment”