Symplicity Job Listings Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Symplicity Job Listings

Post by Kohinoor » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:21 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just one point to Jazz- do you honestly think your action will definitely not harm your classmates or your school? I'm not saying your action is not justified, but saying that reneging accepted offers from 2 firms which, I assume, did OCI at your school, will 100% of the time not harm your classmates, is just wrong. I would think there is a decent chance that at least one of these firms becomes so upset at you that they refuse to do OCI at your school in the future, thus harming your future classmates, and your school. I know for a fact that at my T10 school, a firm was so angry at a student who did not show up to his interview on campus that they threatened to never come back to do OCI at our school.
The next question of course is how much this should matter to him.

reasonable_man

Gold

Re: Symplicity Job Listings

Post by reasonable_man » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 am

Danteshek wrote:
reasonable_man wrote: This. Its not that I think the judicial externship is per se "bad" its just that its on SO MANY resumes that its really not that big of a deal. By contrast, especially ITE, some law firm experience is a much bigger deal to me personally. I also give a lot of credit to people that worked as paralegals or legal assistants before law school or during college.
Is this a New Jersey thing? I ask because it seems NJ law graduates often clerk for state judges (and presumably work for them during law school).
Several of the applicants were from New Jersey, but attending NY Law schools. However, there were a good number of non-NJ applicants who also worked for Judges during the 1L summer as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”