Dropping out?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Black-Blue

Re: Dropping out?

Postby Black-Blue » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, I gathered that after 40 interviews. It still makes me feel kind of cheap and fraudulent though. But I do understand that dishonesty, or at least phony enthusiasm is part of the game, or I understand that now three months after it would have done me some good.

Law, especially private practice, is a very superficial profession where you display confidence and persuasion to sell your service. May you need to re-think your approach, as others have mentioned.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Back up plan established, ACLU here I come!

you're morally opposed to the ACLU?!

ResolutePear

Postby ResolutePear » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Black-Blue wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes, I gathered that after 40 interviews. It still makes me feel kind of cheap and fraudulent though. But I do understand that dishonesty, or at least phony enthusiasm is part of the game, or I understand that now three months after it would have done me some good.

A large part of whole profession, especially private practice, is basically built on smoke and mirrors. Law is a very superficial profession where you display confidence and persuasion to sell your service.

You're selling legal services. It's a commodity.

If you had pony up 500 bucks for a new cellphone: generic China-made or iPhone?

If you had to pony up 50 thousand for a new lawsuit: Harvard grad or Florida Coastal?

That's how I see it, at least.

Return to “Legal Employment”