Travel Reimbursement... should I be waiting this long?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Travel Reimbursement... should I be waiting this long?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:29 am

I had a callback where I was given a travel reimbursement form as I left. I returned in through PDF (with confirmation) and by mail. This was now 6 weeks ago. I got rejected by the firm about 4 weeks ago.

I think I know the answer, but I really am more curious if anyone else is still waiting for some reimbursement.

vamedic03

Re: Travel Reimbursement... should I be waiting this long?

Postby vamedic03 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback where I was given a travel reimbursement form as I left. I returned in through PDF (with confirmation) and by mail. This was now 6 weeks ago. I got rejected by the firm about 4 weeks ago.

I think I know the answer, but I really am more curious if anyone else is still waiting for some reimbursement.

Just give them a quick call. Just be polite :)

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback where I was given a travel reimbursement form as I left. I returned in through PDF (with confirmation) and by mail. This was now 6 weeks ago. I got rejected by the firm about 4 weeks ago.

I don't think you do. The ten week rule is in play here. You're done homie.

buxfactor

Postby buxfactor » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:40 pm

I don't remember when I submitted my reimbursements, but definitely at least 4-6 weeks ago at many firms, and it took them at least that long, if not longer to get back. I am still waiting on some firms. Will probably give them a call in December if I don't hear back... but I think it takes a while sometimes to sort through these things.

Return to “Legal Employment”