Offer deadline quickly approaching and don't know what to do

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Offer deadline quickly approaching and don't know what to do

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

This has probably been addressed already, but I couldn't seem to find the threads. I have an offer from a firm, but am still waiting to hear from my first choice. The deadline is quickly approaching to give the firm an answer. Is it frowned upon to contact my first choice to let them know I am under a deadline?

Anonymous User

Re: Offer deadline quickly approaching and don't know what to do

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Does it really matter all that much if it is "frowned upon?" Are you gonna kick your own ass if you accept this offer and next week get an offer from job #1. Absolutely. Don't take a chance. Worst case scenario, you are accepting the current offer that is on the table. Same position you are in now. Oh, and firm #1 might "frown" on you.. :wink:

vamedic03

Re: Offer deadline quickly approaching and don't know what to do

Postby vamedic03 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:This has probably been addressed already, but I couldn't seem to find the threads. I have an offer from a firm, but am still waiting to hear from my first choice. The deadline is quickly approaching to give the firm an answer. Is it frowned upon to contact my first choice to let them know I am under a deadline?

It's not frowned upon, rather, its advantageous for you. Plus, it's the courteous thing to do for your first choice firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”