Undergraduate Summer Internships

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Undergraduate Summer Internships

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:35 am

Is it a bad idea to email the firms recruitment people to ask them about undergraduate summer internships? Would I even get a response?

If this is a bad idea, could anyone suggest a way to go about this? I have no idea where to even begin looking for something like this. City of interest is NYC.

cinephile

Re: Undergraduate Summer Internships

Postby cinephile » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 am

Does your college have a pre-law advisor or office? Or any pre-professional advisor? My past two colleges had pre-law advisors who would help set you up with summer internships and had binders full of information about where students had interned in the past.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:01 am

cinephile wrote:Does your college have a pre-law advisor or office? Or any pre-professional advisor? My past two colleges had pre-law advisors who would help set you up with summer internships and had binders full of information about where students had interned in the past.

I agree with this.

Also, at the firm where I worked, attorney recruiting didn't have anything to do with the undergrad interns (summer paralegals). Those positions fall under support staff / regular HR. A sample of one, of course, but something to keep in mind.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks for the responses:

I never thought of the pre law advisor :) I will reach out to him.
And if you don't suggest emailing the recruiters would there be someone else's contact (job title) I should look for on the firms' website ?

Return to “Legal Employment”