Paisley Ties

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
prezidentv8

Re: Paisley Ties

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:28 pm

JazzOne wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I encourage you to research which school your interviewer attended and wear paisley in the appropriate colors of said school. Then when he says he enjoys your tie, respond, "I know".

I'd like to see a whole outfit dedicated to the interviewers alma mater, even the suit.

So, you went to Harvard?

[img]

--ImageRemoved--
Columbia?

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Columbia, you say?

--ImageRemoved--

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 pm

MICHIGAN, was it?

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:16 pm

And suddenly I am considering growing a playoff beard until I get a job...or at least another legitimate interview. TLS - your thoughts?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:17 pm

--ImageRemoved--

UVA bro attire ftw

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:And suddenly I am considering growing a playoff beard until I get a job...or at least another legitimate interview. TLS - your thoughts?

I'm under the distinct impression that you should go conservative (clean shaven/neatly trimmed beard and crewcut hair for guys) during the interview process. It's not necessarily reflective of firm culture so much as projecting an image that you can fit in. "Playoff beard" implies you don't currently have a beard; I for sure wouldn't try to grow one out during the interview process.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:21 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:And suddenly I am considering growing a playoff beard until I get a job...or at least another legitimate interview. TLS - your thoughts?

I'm under the distinct impression that you should go conservative (clean shaven/neatly trimmed beard and crewcut hair for guys) during the interview process. It's not necessarily reflective of firm culture so much as projecting an image that you can fit in. "Playoff beard" implies you don't currently have a beard; I for sure wouldn't try to grow one out during the interview process.

The facial hair grows quickly, and I am quite far from having an interview soon. Also, that was a half-serious question at best.

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:The facial hair grows quickly, and I am quite far from having an interview soon. Also, that was a half-serious question at best.

Reading comp fail. Half-trying to raise my post-count past 1000. If only till the next interview, then I give it a thumbs up. Last day at my internship is next week. After that, commencing the finals playoff beard myself.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:The facial hair grows quickly, and I am quite far from having an interview soon. Also, that was a half-serious question at best.

Reading comp fail. Half-trying to raise my post-count past 1000. If only till the next interview, then I give it a thumbs up. Last day at my internship is next week. After that, commencing the finals playoff beard myself.

Excellent. Welcome to Team Beard.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:57 pm

MrKappus wrote:MICHIGAN, was it?

This made me lol.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:--ImageRemoved--

UVA bro attire ftw

This made me spit my beer all over the bar.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 pm

UVA bro attire ftw

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm

UVA bro attire ftw

I would say that no one here dresses like this other than for Foxfield, but there ARE two guys who wear outfits similar to the guy on the left pretty frequently.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 pm

Sooooooo I should wear both paisley tie and color of law school to get yob, no?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:27 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
Tanicius wrote:In answer to the OP's thread title:

No. Definitely no.

I disagree. I wore this tie to both CBs that yielded offers. Paisley, ftw.

That tie is truly ugly....you must rock at interviews.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:
Tanicius wrote:In answer to the OP's thread title:

No. Definitely no.

I disagree. I wore this tie to both CBs that yielded offers. Paisley, ftw.

That tie is truly ugly....you must have a ridiculous GPA that allowed people to overlook your hideous tie.

FTFY.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

UVA bro attire ftw

I would say that no one here dresses like this other than for Foxfield, but there ARE two guys who wear outfits similar to the guy on the left pretty frequently.

I agree. I just thought it'd be funny since lots of people think UVA is full of seersucker-wearing bros.

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:58 am

patrickd139 wrote:

Although for the record, I credit my beard as half the reason I have a job. It has magical powers.

But yah, v8, You should totally grow the beard. Or maybe the friendly mutton chops. I liked those last time.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:35 am

Bosque wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

Although for the record, I credit my beard as half the reason I have a job. It has magical powers.

But yah, v8, You should totally grow the beard. Or maybe the friendly mutton chops. I liked those last time.

I had mutton chops? Or are you referring to Fu Manchu February?

Bosque

Postby Bosque » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
Bosque wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

I had mutton chops? Or are you referring to Fu Manchu February?

Thats right. Friendly mutton chops is just fu manchu + sideburns though.

Return to “Legal Employment”