Paisley Ties

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Paisley Ties

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Seeing as I am still not employed for the coming summer, with no interviews remaining nor any realistically good target yobs in my sights, I feel that now would be an excellent time to find my style and wear a variety of paisley ties in interviews that I do get. This is a good idea because nothing else I have yet attempted has attracted a yob, and perhaps an interviewer will like paisley ties as much as I do and want them in the workplace, and then I will get a yob.

Anonymous User

Re: Paisley Ties

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 pm

I encourage you to research which school your interviewer attended and wear paisley in the appropriate colors of said school. Then when he says he enjoys your tie, respond, "I know".

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I encourage you to research which school your interviewer attended and wear paisley in the appropriate colors of said school. Then when he says he enjoys your tie, respond, "I know".

Maybe color the tie in a color scheme of a professional sports team in the area of yob, no?

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Seeing as I am still not employed for the coming summer, with no interviews remaining nor any realistically good target yobs in my sights, I feel that now would be an excellent time to find my style and wear a variety of paisley ties in interviews that I do get. This is a good idea because nothing else I have yet attempted has attracted a yob, and perhaps an interviewer will like paisley ties as much as I do and want them in the workplace, and then I will get a yob.

You probably also have yet to pause the interview, excuse yourself, and take a dump on the desk. Maybe try that?

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

RVP11 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Seeing as I am still not employed for the coming summer, with no interviews remaining nor any realistically good target yobs in my sights, I feel that now would be an excellent time to find my style and wear a variety of paisley ties in interviews that I do get. This is a good idea because nothing else I have yet attempted has attracted a yob, and perhaps an interviewer will like paisley ties as much as I do and want them in the workplace, and then I will get a yob.

You probably also have yet to pause the interview, excuse yourself, and take a dump on the desk. Maybe try that?

Maybe try pronouncing "job" as "yob" in the interview?

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:03 pm

In answer to the OP's thread title:

No. Definitely no.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Tanicius wrote:In answer to the OP's thread title:

No. Definitely no.

Why not paisley ties?

RVP11 wrote:

That's just insanitary!!!

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:07 pm

No. Definitely no.

I disagree. I wore this tie to both CBs that yielded offers. Paisley, ftw.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I encourage you to research which school your interviewer attended and wear paisley in the appropriate colors of said school. Then when he says he enjoys your tie, respond, "I know".

I'd like to see a whole outfit dedicated to the interviewers alma mater, even the suit.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:09 pm

patrickd139 wrote:

No. Definitely no.

Amazon.com wrote:We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

patrickd139

Postby patrickd139 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:17 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

No. Definitely no.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Macy's. HTH.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:19 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
patrickd139 wrote:

No. Definitely no.

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Macy's. HTH.

Yeah Macy's has been pretty clutch for me actually.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Wanna look young and foolish, go for it. It's like the people who wear pocket squares. I just lol at them on the inside. Subverting business fashion trends is for the old and senile partners and professors, brother.
Last edited by Tanicius on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:23 pm

Tanicius wrote:Wanna look young and foolish, go for it. It's like the people who wear pocket squares. I just lol at them on the inside.

If you only knew where I was going to be working this summer. lol

BTW: I got an offer from a firm after wearing a vest to the callback.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:44 pm

JazzOne wrote:
Tanicius wrote:Wanna look young and foolish, go for it. It's like the people who wear pocket squares. I just lol at them on the inside.

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:46 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

That was not my intention. I think the joke was hard to get because I haven't revealed which firm I'll be working for. If you knew, trust me, you'd find it amusing.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:49 pm

JazzOne wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn

That was not my intention. I think the joke was hard to get because I haven't revealed which firm I'll be working for. If you knew, trust me, you'd find it amusing.

Well...um...hehe...nevermind and/or I need to buy a vest.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:55 pm

JazzOne wrote:That was not my intention. I think the joke was hard to get because I haven't revealed which firm I'll be working for. If you knew, trust me, you'd find it amusing.

"Ohhhh man, my joke is soooo funny! If you only knew about the circumstances, background, and punchline, you'd laugh sooooo hard!"

lol

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:56 pm

MrKappus wrote:
JazzOne wrote:That was not my intention. I think the joke was hard to get because I haven't revealed which firm I'll be working for. If you knew, trust me, you'd find it amusing.

"Ohhhh man, my joke is soooo funny! If you only knew about the circumstances, background, and punchline, you'd laugh sooooo hard!"

lol

I was acknowledging that it was not funny without the background info. I'm not going to out my firm just for the lols though. Really, I just wanted to say that I wasn't trying to insult the other poster.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:58 pm

JazzOne wrote:
MrKappus wrote:

lol

I was acknowledging that it was not funny without the background. I'm not going to out my firm just for the lols though.

Outing? What kind of firm is this?!

Also, that might help explain their clearly superior sense of fashion.

MrKappus

Postby MrKappus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 pm

JazzOne wrote:I was acknowledging that it was not funny. I'm not going to out my firm just for the lols though.

Haha I didn't mean it to be offensive, and don't wanna know your firm. I just thought the comment bore quoting and mild ribbing. Also, "hard to get" =/= "not funny." But I bet if I knew your firm I'd lol. I'm trying to guess but I don't know enough about Vault culture to do so w/ any degree of accuracy.

Also, are we talking about a 3-piece suit, or just a dress shirt, tie, and vest?? B/c if the latter: (1) brav-OH; and (2) that's ballsy and rather awesome.
Last edited by MrKappus on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
MrKappus wrote:

lol

I was acknowledging that it was not funny without the background. I'm not going to out my firm just for the lols though.

You're killing me.
Last edited by JazzOne on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:03 pm

MrKappus wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I was acknowledging that it was not funny. I'm not going to out my firm just for the lols though.

Haha I didn't mean it to be offensive, and don't wanna know your firm. I just thought the comment bore quoting and mild ribbing. Also, "hard to get" =/= "not funny." But I bet if I knew your firm I'd lol. I'm trying to guess but I don't know enough about Vault culture to do so w/ any degree of accuracy.

Also, are we talking about a 3-piece suit, or just a dress shirt, tie, and vest?? B/c if the latter: (1) brav-OH; and (2) that's ballsy and rather awesome.

It was a three-piece suit. But I'm a jackass. I also wore a yellow shirt. (In my defense, it is a really nice Polo button down with white stripes.) It was one of those callbacks where all the interviewers show up on the same day. ALL of the other interviewers were wearing two-piece suits and white shirts. I just tried to pump up my confidence and use it to stand out. I'm not that ballsy though. I changed to a white shirt for the reception that evening, and I dropped the vest.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm

JazzOne wrote:

I'd like to see a whole outfit dedicated to the interviewers alma mater, even the suit.

So, you went to Harvard?

--ImageRemoved--

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

JazzOne wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:

You're killing me.

Haha...Re: your post, pre-edit, I don't even know why. But good to know I have a subconscious sense of these things.

Return to “Legal Employment”