DOJ Honors Program

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors Program

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Do you know if we will get email rejections by the end of today, or does "Selected for Interview" just mean, "Not a Finalist"?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 pm

According to the key dates - the DOJ has between today and Saturday to select finalists.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:53 pm

anybody know of anything that has happened today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:21 pm

It is interesting that some are reporting status updates in Avue when the "Community" section in Avue says that finalists will not see a change in online status:

"The remaining components will select finalists not later than November 17th. "Finalists" are defined as first-round offer candidates and alternates." Finalists do not see a change in the online status; however, non-finalists will shortly be notified that they are no longer under consideration. We anticipate that most components will issue first-round offers prior to Thanksgiving."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is interesting that some are reporting status updates in Avue when the "Community" section in Avue says that finalists will not see a change in online status:

"The remaining components will select finalists not later than November 17th. "Finalists" are defined as first-round offer candidates and alternates." Finalists do not see a change in the online status; however, non-finalists will shortly be notified that they are no longer under consideration. We anticipate that most components will issue first-round offers prior to Thanksgiving."

Okay then maybe they are just messing with us! Haha

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is interesting that some are reporting status updates in Avue when the "Community" section in Avue says that finalists will not see a change in online status:

However, they later say "the ARCs and OARM staff are working diligently to identify finalists and make appropriate online status changes." Although, she does include both SLIP and HP in this discussion, so the status changes could be for SLIP I guess. Very confusing. And frustrating.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:04 pm

Any rough idea how many finalists there are versus first round offer spots?

alias

Postby alias » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:22 pm

Don't have any info on status changes. Except that some are changing (like Antitrust, EOIR, and someone on here reported a CivDiv component changed to finalist, but wouldn't say which one). But we know that finalists are due to HR offices today, and then offers can go out. I did hear that people that are rejected would find out tomorrow morning. I guess if you don't have an offer and weren't rejected, then you are an alternate. Wish I knew whether the status thing would change though.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm

alias wrote:Don't have any info on status changes. Except that some are changing (like Antitrust, EOIR, and someone on here reported a CivDiv component changed to finalist, but wouldn't say which one). But we know that finalists are due to HR offices today, and then offers can go out. I did hear that people that are rejected would find out tomorrow morning. I guess if you don't have an offer and weren't rejected, then you are an alternate. Wish I knew whether the status thing would change though.

What do you mean some are changing? That some that say "finalist" could revert?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Where did you hear that rejections would go out tomorrow morning? Has anybody e-mailed their ARC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:38 pm

It is interesting that some are reporting status updates in Avue when the "Community" section in Avue says that finalists will not see a change in online status

I was wondering about that too! Do you think that if it still says "Selected for Interview," it's still possible we could be finalists, but won't see a change online until we hear something else?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Where did you hear that rejections would go out tomorrow morning? Has anybody e-mailed their ARC?

sounds like the commenter works at DOJ and overheard that IMO

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:32 pm

Anyone from Civil Rights heard anything at all?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

I talked to an ARC right after my interview, a couple weeks ago. My division is one of those that hasn't been updating online statuses (as far as I know).

She made it seem like Friday was the earliest we could get an offer, as the hiring committees would still be deciding today and tomorrow. She also said that the offers would more than likely go out early next week.

So I'm trying not to worry too much about the online status, or about my phone not ringing, until Monday. (easier said than done).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I talked to an ARC right after my interview, a couple weeks ago. My division is one of those that hasn't been updating online statuses (as far as I know).

She made it seem like Friday was the earliest we could get an offer, as the hiring committees would still be deciding today and tomorrow. She also said that the offers would more than likely go out early next week.

So I'm trying not to worry too much about the online status, or about my phone not ringing, until Monday. (easier said than done).

Any way you could out your division?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote: What do you mean some are changing? That some that say "finalist" could revert?

No, I didn't mean it could revert--just that some people were switching to "finalist."

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:04 pm

My division is one of those that hasn't been updating online statuses (as far as I know).

Since I'm ending the day with no change to my online status, I'm going to hope you're right...and that you interviewed with the same component. Care to share? :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:25 pm

No updates from the UST?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Okay then maybe they are just messing with us! Haha

I think what that means is that once you go to "selected as finalist" you will not receive any other updates. You will not know whether or not you are an alternate or first round candidate through avue. You will also not know when that you are no longer under consideration once all the spots are filled.

I don't know what's worse then, being told you are not a finalist or being a finalist who never ever hears back. :shock:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:17 pm

I think what that means is that once you go to "selected as finalist" you will not receive any other updates. You will not know whether or not you are an alternate or first round candidate through avue. You will also not know when that you are no longer under consideration once all the spots are filled.

So if our online status didn't change today, we should assume we're not finalists?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

So if our online status didn't change today, we should assume we're not finalists?

What component did you interview with? I don't think you should worry until they send you a notification that you were not selected as a finalist. They said they would. You could log in on avue and ask on the community site. They are pretty good about responding.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm

What component did you interview with? I don't think you should worry until they send you a notification that you were not selected as a finalist. They said they would. You could log in on avue and ask on the community site. They are pretty good about responding.

It's one that hasn't designated finalists in this thread so far...but it's not hiring that many, so maybe that's why...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Any updates today?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Any news of Civ interviewees changing to finalist or getting offers, other than the one post earlier?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:16 pm

Civil Rights = no change but also no rejection email. What does it meeean?

Return to “Legal Employment”