DOJ Honors Program Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DOJ Honors Program

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Golf6Delta wrote:Got responses from my three references. One spoke to someone from EOIR last week. The other two are still playing phone tag.
So do we think EOIR isn't done with first round offers yet? I haven't gotten a response from my ARC to know if they're done with first picks yet, and I'm going a little crazy...

No idea. I can't imagine they're done if references who got messages last week still haven't actually spoken to anyone yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Someone from DOJ posted on the avue board that EOIR will be continuing offers this week due to the many people who must be contacted. No specific timeline given, but first-round offers are not completed yet and they will continue calling references and offers at least this week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Good catch! Lets keep this thread updated with EOIR news.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Does the post seem to imply that shes only speaking about EOIR's Honors Applicants? I'm still waiting for EOIR SLIP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:58 pm

The response was specifically to Honors Program. Not sure about SLIP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The response was specifically to Honors Program. Not sure about SLIP.
Where did you see that it was specific to Honor's? I might be missing something.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The response was specifically to Honors Program. Not sure about SLIP.
Where did you see that it was specific to Honor's? I might be missing something.
I believe there's another thread for SLIP. SLIP and Honors are different... should be obvious from the name of the thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I believe there's another thread for SLIP. SLIP and Honors are different... should be obvious from the name of the thread.
I was asking whether the Avue post was specific to Honors, not this thread.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

I think the avue post was about honors.

Anyway, I called my ARC and she told me that EOIR has not finished making its selections for offers. So hang in there people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think the avue post was about honors.

Anyway, I called my ARC and she told me that EOIR has not finished making its selections for offers. So hang in there people.
Do you mind if I ask what ARC you spoke with? I've been having trouble getting in contact with them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

Do you mind if I ask what ARC you spoke with? I've been having trouble getting in contact with them.
Inez Patten. I called early in the morning. I was unable to get in touch with either one when I called last week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Inez Patten. I called early in the morning. I was unable to get in touch with either one when I called last week.
Thanks..It'd be nice if they could just send us all an email update of what's going on, since I'm sure they're receiving a bunch of calls asking.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks..It'd be nice if they could just send us all an email update of what's going on, since I'm sure they're receiving a bunch of calls asking.
yeah, she didn't sound too happy. Oh well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Got a call this morning...703 area code again, so I kind of knew what I should be expecting. Still doesn't make it any less exciting! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a call this morning...703 area code again, so I kind of knew what I should be expecting. Still doesn't make it any less exciting! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
care to say which court? or what level of choice it was?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a call this morning...703 area code again, so I kind of knew what I should be expecting. Still doesn't make it any less exciting! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
Congratulations! Do you know if/when your references were called?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Reasonably big city court...third choice. References were called both last week and the week before.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Because of all the anonymous posting, it is hard to keep track of who here is still waiting to hear back from EOIR. Would people mind chiming in so we can know who is still waiting?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I'm still waiting. ARC confirmed yesterday that I am still under consideration, but as of last week, references hadn't been called. Not feeling optimistic.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:48 pm

I am still waiting :(

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:51 pm

I still wish they would give us some sort of timeline so we would know for sure when to give up hope. It would also be nice to know if there's some rhyme or reason to the order of calls.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I still wish they would give us some sort of timeline so we would know for sure when to give up hope. It would also be nice to know if there's some rhyme or reason to the order of calls.
I know. I tried to ask and all I got was "EOIR has no specific timeline, they have a lot to review."

Has anyone gotten any offers for CA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

I was Western region (and I know of another person who got a Western offer), but neither was in CA.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 am

If your references have not been contacted by now you are prob an alternate.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:40 pm

I was reading through a discussion of last year's EOIR offer process here - http://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... =8d5budios

Does anyone know if a similar situation is happening this year - In other words, are there "budget-contingent" EOIR positions (probably at smaller courts) which have not yet been approved/funded, and may therefore be causing a delay in offers to go out?

A friend of mine was in this situation last year, and he did not get an offer until the first week of January.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”