How to apply for an internship now

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

How to apply for an internship now

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I spoke to career services and they said that we should be applying for judicial internships now and I was given a list of judges to apply to. Should I be applying to them directly?

I went to the EDNY website and it said submit resume, cover letter, writing, sample, and transcript to this woman. First, i do not yet have a writing sample or grades, so should I hold off on applying? Second, If i do apply now, should i just send it to the woman indicated on the website or to the individual judges?

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: How to apply for an internship now

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Why didn't you just ask career services these questions when you were there?

warumnicht

Postby warumnicht » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 pm

You don't need to have grades in order to send a transcript. When I was applying for jobs last year, mine basically looked like a course schedule, but that was good enough for my employer.

And how do you not have a writing sample yet? Didn't you have any assignments in Legal Research & Writing that you can polish up? By mid-November of last year, I had a pretty decent memo on my hands (not the memo that we turned in as our first semester exam, but our practice memo leading up to it), so that's the one I used.

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:37 pm

tag

Return to “Legal Employment”