Housing Cooperative

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Housing Cooperative

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey everyone. I will be applying to public interest jobs for a 1L summer internship. I am currently trying to fine tune my resume to better suit applying to this type of work and had some questions about something I may include. First, I currently live in a housing cooperative with thirteen other people, which is part of the Northern American Students of Cooperation. I was considering including this on my resume to show my commitment to working within a community and strengthening the ties between legal aid organizations and the communities they work in. Has anyone else been involved in this or a similar organization before? We share meals together, divide cooking responsibilities, chores and maintenance, and run the home in a democratic setting. Does anyone know or think this would be a positive on an application for a public interest internship, or is it not worth including? Thank you for your time.

Renzo

Re: Housing Cooperative

Postby Renzo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Hippie.

Journeybound

Postby Journeybound » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Lol. I think that they have a student housing co-op at Berkeley. Straight from the 60s. Maybe put it under interests/other? I'm not sure where else it would go. It could spark a conversation with the right person. But I don't see putting a long description for it. Work experience/school activities/clinics will be better.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Haha I know, total hippie. Thanks for the advice. I am planning on including my experience this semester with a prisoner's rights project, and some work with Model UN that helped put on a conference for high school students.

Return to “Legal Employment”